photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ding dong around the world!

So now that Black Friday and Cyber Monday have come and gone, I'm finally sitting down to my computer to get a little Christmas shopping done.

I have asked, begged, and cajoled the kids in previous years to make a list for Santa they never do or they make lists and contain items that are no longer made or sold out (Peter) or contain items like globe and bell (Sarah).  What four-year-old asks for a globe and a bell?

The kids had all last week off from school so I took them to Target one morning to get some ideas for their lists. 

Peter wrote down one small Lego set and three video games and then got mad when I told him three video games was enough to put on one list.

Sarah wrote down microphone (the same kind my mom got her last year for her birthday that broke and we had to ship back to the manufacturer and then the replacement broke again) and Barbie make up purse.

After writing those things down, she said, "I don't want to do this any more."  When I asked her why not she replied, "Because then I'll know what I'm getting.  I want to be surprised." 

So I've been drinking coffee and pursuing Amazon for gift ideas and have not had much luck.  But no worries.  I will continue my search and I will be victorious. I think I've done a good job for the last 10 years.  
And if all else fails, I'll get them a bell and a globe. 


No comments: