photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, November 16, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday


--- 1 ---
I've been at the school a ton this week.  I've been volunteering with the Scholastic Book Fair.  I took donuts in for Peter's birthday and his class is also doing a Thanksgiving Feast today so I'll be helping with the set-up of that as well. 
--- 2 ---
I was going to say that I'll be looking forward to a normal week next week but I just realized that the kids are off ALL. NEXT. WEEK. so nothing will be normal about that.
--- 3 ---
Speaking of taking donuts in for Peter's birthday, when I asked him what he wanted me to take to drink, he quickly replied, "Milk.  Whole milk."  Apparently whole milk is like fine wine to these kids.  When I took the birthday treats to the class, they were at computer class.  As they filed back in the room, I was pouring the milk.  Everyone of them asked me as they were walking by, "What kind of milk is that?"  When I responded, "whole milk," there was a lot of fist pumping and "oh yeahing". Seriously, I think I could have left the donuts at home and just brought in a couple of gallons of whole milk and they would have all been perfectly happy.  I guess by age ten they are starting to realize that 1% and 2% tastes a little chalky.  Or maybe their moms are making them drink....SKIM MILK!  Good grief!
--- 4 ---
Now that Peter's birthday has come and gone, I can focus on Christmas and all that is involved.  I have the worst time getting Peter and Sarah to make Christmas lists.  I think next week when they are out of school I am going to let them wander around Target to get some ideas.It really shouldn't be this hard but it always is.  Like pulling teeth.
--- 5 ---
Now that Peter knows where babies come from I wonder if it's time to tell him about Santa.  Although, a little part of me thinks he might already know.  Last week he said, "I don't want you to get me a ton of books like you did last year for Christmas."  All of the kid's gifts come from Santa so all of those books came from Santa.  I should have said, "Santa brought you those books" just to see what he said but I wasn't ready to go there so I let it drop.
--- 6 ---
If you don't want Santa to bring you a bunch of books kid then you better make a list!
--- 7 ---
Well, I'm off to get my hair did.  Have a great weekend, y'all!
 
For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

My boys have each gotten in trouble in first grade for telling the class there was no such thing as Santa. If your Peter had been in the class, you would be all set now ;)