photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mini Omelet Cups Recipe



I belong to a Moms group that meets twice a month and we always have breakfast. Yesterday was my small groups turn to serve and I brought mini omelet cups. I saw the recipe on Pinterest but apparently never pinned it because when I went back to print it out, I couldn't find it. So I Googled "mini omelet" and read through the different recipes and went with this one.

I made some revisions to the original recipe.  Here is what I made yesterday.  Enjoy!  

 
Mini Omelets

Ingredients:
4 T. melted butter
12 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 T. garlic powder
2 T. all-purpose flour

Add-ins of your choice:
1/2 cup bacon (crisp, chopped)
1/2 cup ham (chopped)
1/2 cup sausage (cooked, crumbled)
1/2 cup fresh tomato (chopped) 
1/2 cup bell peppers (chopped)
1/2 cup jalapenos (diced)
1/2 cup olive (chopped) 
1/2 cup onions (chopped)
1/2 cup spinach (chopped)
1/2 cup broccoli (chopped)
1/2 cup greens (chopped)
1/2 cup cheese (grated)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Grease a large 12 cup muffin tin.  Whisk together the butter, eggs, milk garlic powder and flour.  Make sure all the ingredients are well combined.

Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tin cup, filling them about 3/4 full.

Sprinkle the top of the egg mixture with add-ins of your choice.

Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.  (Mine were done in 18.)

Run a knife around the edges of the muffin cups and remove.  

Note - if you use vegetables with a high water content like tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, etc. your omelet will be fluffier and bake higher over the top of the cup.

I doubled the above recipe so that I would be sure to get 24 omelet cups.  However it really made 42 cups!

I made two types of mini omelets for yesterdays breakfast - bacon and cheese and peppers and cheese.  The possibilities are endless!

I flash froze the extras and stuck them in the freezer.  Pop them into the microwave for about a minute for a quick breakfast or brunch treat!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

This is so funny, I have my egg muffin recupe that I was going to post next week. We do a low-carb version - eggs, turkey sausage, peppers, onions, spinach and feta cheese and can take them with us to work easy peasy! Yum!

Anonymous said...

YUM! I found one like this, but they laid a strip of bacon around the outside before they poured the eggs, sounded a little too greasy, but this sounds great. Can't wait to try it!

Mari said...

They look and sound great!

Anonymous said...

Yummy Honey......they look delish!!

gmt

deborah said...

Yummy! This recipe looks easy and handy. I love having go-tos in the freezer!

Wendy said...

I was there and they were yummy! I was going to ask you about freezing them but forgot so I'm glad you mentioned it on here. I'll have to try that for a quick breakfast.