photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, October 19, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday


--- 1 ---
We are at the beach for a long weekend of R&R.  The weather should be decent - sunny for most of the weekend with the highs in the low 70s.  The kids and Dan will most likely be swimming in the ocean but I'll be parked on the beach.  I prefer to do my ocean swimming when we are in the upper 80s or lower 90s.
--- 2 ---
Sarah has complained since Monday about some ear pain.  The pain seemed to come and go but finally Wednesday night she said she really wanted to go to the doctor and I didn't want her to wake up at the beach on Friday sick as a dog so I took her yesterday.  She is prone to ear infections (in fact her last one was in July) so I was expecting that as the diagnosis.  The doctor said she had a lot of fluid in her ears and it could potentially turn into an infection.  He thinks her allergies are causing it so told me to give her some Claritin D 12-hour pills.

I hauled to the drug store to get some but mistakenly got the 24 hour slow release version.  I didn't realize this until I was in the parking lot getting ready to give Sarah one and realized they were the size of a horse pill.  I went back inside to get the correct ones but of course, because these are controlled and have to be signed for I wasn't allowed to get the 12 hour pills.  I told the pharmacist that perhaps I would just break them up and she said, "Nope!  Sorry! You can't break the time released pills up because of the whozee whatzits and the blazedee blahs they are made of."

But never fear because my girl swallowed that giant pill.  She totally rocks! 
--- 3 ---
One stop voting started in our state yesterday.  As soon as I get back from the beach I will be casting my ballot.  I'm excited to do it early because as a mom, you never know what's going to come up on the day of the election.  I want to make sure I get it done because if I don't I know I will have a sick kid home all day and not be able to get out to the polls.  (Most likely it will be Sarah with a horrible ear infection...)

--- 4 ---
We get a 90-day trial subscription to Sirius radio with the car.  Yesterday I found the "Hair Nation" station.  Nothing but 80's hair band's.  I felt like I was back in college as I drove to pick the kids up from school.  Except, of course, back in college I didn't have kids.  But other than that - it felt exactly the same.
--- 5 ---
I had to bake a cake for the Cake Walk at the Fall Festival at the kid's school.  The festival is tonight and we are at the beach so we won't even get to go.  But I was a good mom and made a cake anyway.  I made Chocolate Chip Ooey Gooey Butter Bars.  I hope they taste okay.  I really wanted to cut a piece to test if before I dropped it off at school but I figured that wouldn't be cool so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it tastes okay. 
--- 6 ---
By the way, if you give you daughter a 24-hour Claritin D and are proud because she can swallow the whole big pill.  Don't be. Because the 24-hour Claritin D has double the medicine of the 12-hour Claritin D the doctor prescribed.  And when you pick her up from school she will be very drowsy and complain for several hours that she doesn't feel well. 
--- 7 ---

Looks like I'm out of the running for Mother of the Year.  Again.
 
For more Quick Takes and much better mothering, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!

3 comments:

Mari said...

The beach sounds good, and Sirius radio is great!
Hope Sarah feels better.
I wish we could vote early here. I'll be in a long line on election day. :)

Anonymous said...

Chocolate Chip Ooey Gooey Butter Bars sound like a recipe that can't go wrong. YUM!

Jenny said...

80's Hair Bands...too funny! Sometimes I wonder what were we thinking?