photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, October 4, 2012

It's fall y'all! (And no, I don't have a wooden sign in my yard proclaiming this. But I do like to say it!)

Yesterday while Sarah and I were waiting for Peter to finish up his guitar practice (I still love it when his instructor says, "All right!  You ready to rock?" and Peter's little head bobs up and down in a frantic yes as if to say, "Yes! Yes, I AM ready to rock!") we went to the little country store next door to check out their offerings.

Their mums were in full bloom and their other plants looked beautiful so we decided we needed to make a purchase.

Sarah quickly chose a Pink Lady Ornamental Cabbage which she decided would be for her room since her room is pink.

I chose several plants to put in my big pot for the front porch.  My inspiration was a Juncus effusus also commonly known as a Corkscrew Rush.  I've never seen one before and was memorized by it's many twists and turns.  I think it's quite whimsical.

I  added a Caramel heuchera, a Red Glamor ornamental kale, some Lemon Coral sedum, and a few Matrix Orange pansies.

And here's how it turned out:

Let's get a little closer so you can see those cool twisty things:

And just a little closer:
Cool, huh?
Happy Fall y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful arrangement y'all!!

gmt

deborah said...

Very cool! What a beautiful planter!