photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, October 5, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday


--- 1 ---
Remember how I mentioned I liked a certain picture the kids took of me and Dan at a restaruant but there were strange eyes looking over our shoulder?  Well, a nice reader named Wendy copied it from my blog, did a little magic to it in Photoshop, and voila!

Before:

After:
 Very cool, huh?  Makes me think I should invest in Photoshop but since I still can't even use my camera on Manual, what makes me think I'm going to be able to learn Photoshop?

Thanks, Wendy!  I appreciate you getting rid of creepy-eye man for me!  The picture looks so much better now. 
--- 2 ---
I finally got a new pair of running shoes to replace the stinky ones.  I really should have replaced them sooner because my new ones felt so cushiony and fluffy and delightful this morning.  And no, I did not look like a total dork walking through the wet backyard to the street where I start my run with shower caps covering my new shoes.  I want to try to keep the water and dew off of these for as long as possible.  So I looked practical, not dorky!
--- 3 ---
I don't know about where you all live but around here, we have an infestation of stink bugs  Thanks to our early warm Spring, the bugs bred two generations instead of one.  I just want to know how the heck these things keep getting into my house!
Photo courtesy of Wikipedia. 

--- 4 ---
Sarah has started making her own perfume.  Before you get too excited let me tell you how she did it.  She had three almost-empty bottles of glitter body spray that were lightly scented.  She combined those three bottles into one and filled the bottle the rest of the way up with her favorite scented conditioner.  And while it smells lovely, she loves to spray it in her hair which means her hair ends up looking very greasy even after we've just washed it.  The first thing she said to me when she got up the other morning was, "Smell my hair.  Doesn't it smell nice?"  And yes, it did.
--- 5 ---
Aunt Cathy gave Sarah a pogo stick for her birthday.  Last week she did 867 bounces without stopping.  And I know. Because I counted them all.  Every single one of them.  She was very proud of this accomplishment and also very sore the next day.  Apparently 867 pogo stick bounces will use muscles you didn't know you had!
--- 6 ---
Sarah has decided to be a devil girl for Halloween and we have already purchased the costume - so no spending the next three weeks deciding and changing her mind over and over like previous years.  Peter has not decided on any costume and shows no interest whatsoever in choosing something.  For the last 4 or 5 years he has spent hours agonizing over all the different scary costume options available. This year - zero interest. Perhaps I could get him to go as a computer gamer...we could probably pull that costume together pretty quickly!  
--- 7 ---
Our car is in the shop yet again.  I think it's the transmission this time.  After 10 years, it may be time to start looking to replace the Explorer.  We were hoping to get more miles out of it (It has 183k on it) but at this point it's becoming totally unreliable and with two trips a year to Massachusetts we need something dependable.  I want to get another Explorer.  We want to buy used which is good since I do not like the new body style on the new Explorers. Used car shopping is something I dread!

For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel for you about the car shopping - that is one of my least favorite experiences. As far as Photoshop goes, I actually bought a copy, have had it for two years, and still can't figure out how to use it. I am SO impressed by anyone who can! I use the free version of Picasa and it will do pretty much anything I need done :)

deborah said...

The photo turned out wonderfully!!

I'm quite impressed with Sarah's 867 bounces!! That sounds like something my kiddos would do. They love to do count bobs in the swimming pool.

Best of luck on car shopping. Praying the perfect vehicle turns up easily!

Mari said...

The picture looks great!
When I was young we had a pogo stick and we used to compete to see who could do the most. My sister used to always win with lots of jumps like that.
We are in the used car market too. No fun!

Anonymous said...

Great post. The photo shop taking out the creepy eyes behind is very good. I just blew my engine for the second time and I think it is time to look for a new car. I think I might go to chevy in Grand Rapids to check out the Chevy Cruze. Hopefully I can afford it, thanks for sharing!