What? How can a kid not like spaghetti? I think sometimes my kids do things like this just to keep me on my toes.
So I tried to change things up with some baked ziti. Everyone loved the baked ziti. Even Peter.
How can you not like spaghetti but love baked ziti? See? Keeping me on my toes.
After this I branched out even further and made this recipe for Spicy Romano Chicken with Artichoke Hearts and Sun Dried Tomatoes. After making it quite a few times I changed it up until I came up with something we all liked.
Until the kids declared that they didn't like it any more. At this point, I think they aren't trying to keep me on my toes but perhaps just trying to drive me crazy.
Meanwhile, I am on the hunt for other pasta recipes. I tried one last Friday but it got the thumbs down from everyone. I hate it when that happens.
I thought I would share our version of Spicy Roman Chicken. Even my picky brother likes this one so you know it's got to be pretty good.
Spicy Romano Pasta With Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 T butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup Romano cheese
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 10 ounce package of bowtie pasta cooked and drained according to package directions – al dente.
- 1 1/2 T melted butter
- 5 links of Italian Sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/8 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- Melt butter in saute pan or skillet. Add cream, salt and pepper, heat to a boil. Remove from heat and fold in cheeses and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then add sundried tomatoes. Stir for one minute. Next add cooked sausage. Stir in the sauce. Add bowtie pasta and stir. Serve.