photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, April 28, 2023

A recipe, another bird picture, and what I've been watching...

 Two posts in one week?  Look at me blogging like it's 2013!

I saw a recipe on TikTok for a salad earlier in the week and tweaked it a little and made it my own and ate it twice in one day - it's that good - so I thought I would share.

Here it is before I mixed it up so you could see all the lovely ingredients:

Here it is after I dressed it and mixed it:

 

Ingredients:

  • Greens of choice (first time I made it I used spring greens, the second time romaine)
  • Chickpeas (drained, room temperature)
  • Avocado
  • Feta
  • Pickled Onions
  • Olive oil
  • Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
  • salt, pepper, Tajin

I just threw everything into the bowl, added a generous amount of the olive oil, the juice of half a lemon and then added salt and pepper to taste (the chickpeas need the salt) and because I absolute love Tajin, I tossed a little of that on top as well to give it a little kick. 

This was so delicious that I didn't need any other dressing.  That's huge for me because normally I like a lot of a creamy (usually Ranch) dressing on a salad to make it palatable. But this was delicious without a creamy dressing and healthy. I'll be eating this again...I'm just out of feta.

In other news, LOOK...

The mama bird is feeding her baby!  Isn't this the cutest thing???? (Although, at first glance, it appears that she's eating her baby...)

Before Dan left on his trip we watched a couple of episodes of Jury Duty. It's on Amazon Prime/Freevee.   It's a staged/reality show.  The premise is that there's a trial but a camera crew is filming everything to show people what it's like to be on jury duty.  Everyone is an actor except one person who is just an ordinary guy who thinks he's actually there for jury duty.  So far it's pretty funny and I'm ready for Dan to get back home so we can watch more.

And also while he's been gone I have finished up season four of Love is Blind.  I really do enjoy that show!  I used to really like the Bachelor but this show is so much better.  And now I'm just waiting for season 5 - which won't air until the end of the year.  I guess that gives me something to look forward to.

Happy Friday everyone! 

5 comments:

Madeline said...

I took love Love is Blind. Cameron/Lauren and Tiffany/Brett give me hope in the world!! (I know there's other still married couples but those two are fantastic!)

That bird is awesome. How cool for Peter to witness! Hope you get more feta!

Colleen said...

I watch Love is Blind too! And we just finished The Traitors, which was pretty good. So cute about the baby bird!

Gigi said...

How cool that we are getting to see the baby bird close up and the mother caring for it!

Ernie said...

That salad looks really delish. I would eat that more than once a day too. How amazing to have a close up look at that mother bird and her baby. So cute. I can't remember the last time I watched a show on TV, other than the news. I want to watch the Murders in the Building show. Maybe someday.

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is right up my Salad Alley! YUM.
Awwww...that sweet baby bird. May she/he be protected.
I watched the first season of Love Is Blind, but couldn't get into the next one for some reason.