photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Easter 2023

Earlier last week, Dan mentioned that he noticed I hadn't written a new blog post lately.  My reply was that I had time to write one but nothing to really interesting to write about.  Does the internet really care about my birds or my knocking around in an empty house looking for something to do that doesn't involve cleaning anything?  I think not!

But - my kids were home this weekend so you know I have to document that.  (And while I'm here, you know I'm going to briefly mention my feathered friends.  You've been warned!)

Sarah didn't have class on Friday so she came home on Thursday evening.  She slept in on Friday morning and look who showed up while she was sleeping! My first hummingbird of the season!!

Friday was a cold, rainy, dreary day - very fitting for Good Friday I think. Sarah and I headed to the mall with Dan in tow because he had the day off work.  She needed a few spring items for her wardrobe.  I think by the second store, Dan regretted joining us.  But he persevered.  He took advantage of all the seating OUTSIDE of the stores we visited.  Forever 21, American Eagle, and H&M had lots of cute stuff and she found a few things.  It was a good trip.

After the mall, we headed to church for the 3:00 service and when we got home from that, Peter was waiting on us!  It was so very nice to have my babies under the same roof for a couple of nights!

Sarah had a big test this week so she spent a lot of time studying this weekend but on Friday night we watched Catch Me If You Can.  It was quite enjoyable!

On Saturday evening, we headed to Roar in downtown Winston-Salem.  Roar is a very cool place!  They have a food hall with a performing area.  We ordered from the burger stall (and the burgers were really good!) and they had dueling pianists playing in the performing area.  There is an upstairs with bowling and virtual golf.  There are two other sit down and be served type restaurants in the building.  Also on the upstairs level they had someone singing country music.  There's a beer wall on both floors where you can serve yourself from 25 taps once you've checked in and gotten a wrist band.  And there's a basement level that will be opening in a few weeks that is going to have Esports.  They have a little something for everyone. It was a nice way to spend a rainy and cold Saturday night.

And then of course, Sunday was Easter!  We went to Mass and then came home to enjoy a delicious lunch with my mom and my brother. Mom outdid herself as usual with a ham, hash brown casserole, broccoli casserole, slaw, creamy cucumbers, green beans, black-eyed peas, and biscuits!  And I made a homemade cheesecake with cherries and homemade whipped cream.  It was all yummy!

And of course, mom had baskets for us all!



 

And then we came back to our house and the kids finally looked at their baskets from the bunny. 


I appreciate them humoring me by letting me take a picture!  :)

And then, just like that, it was time for Peter to head back to Raleigh but not before indulged  me with a family selfie!

And Sarah snapped this one with just the two of them. 💚

Sarah ended up spending Sunday night at home so she could study in peace for her test and headed back to school Monday in time for her afternoon classes.

I loved having them home but I told Dan that when they leave it always makes me a little bit sad all over again.  But, I guess that's the life of a mom with college age children!  And summer break is right around the corner.  Sarah will be home all summer working as a lifeguard again and Peter's plans are still up in the air.  He has his apartment through the summer and it sounds like he'll be home for a little while after exams and then head back and get a job for the remainder of the summer. I always tell them that they are welcome anytime and for however long they want to stay!  

That's all that's been going on around here.  Check back later for more bird updates and more puttering around the house updates. 

5 comments:

Colleen said...

I so feel you on the rollercoaster of emotions, but I think I really do appreciate them more when they aren't there all the time, you know? Also your mom is awesome making that whole meal and the baskets, what a legend!

Madeline said...

I am so glad you all had a nice Easter and that Peter and Sarah were there. And they let you take the picture! I have been thinking about you, Dan and sweet Rebecca this week for her birthday and all that comes with it. Praying for your heart and asking her to intercede for us!

Gigi said...

Oh Beth - people are definitely interested in what you have to say. I'm glad you had your babies home and a good Easter! I won't say it gets easier when they leave but by the time they actually move out for good at least you've had the practice and it's easier to accept.

Laura M said...

I'm interested in birds ;)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Awww....the birdies came home. 😉 It looks like a great family Easter; I love the big baskets full of goodies and of course, the cute hummer!