photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

A concert, the beach, and a baby!

We've been busy-ish around here! Last Friday, Sarah came home after class because she hadn't seen Joe in three weeks. She originally planned to go to Raleigh on Friday because there was a big end of semester party called Wolfstock planned.  Lots of events, bands, food trucks, etc.  But the father of a friend of Joe's passed away suddenly so Joe came home to attend the funeral.  They did manage a late dinner together on Friday night and then they headed to Raleigh together late Saturday afternoon after the funeral.  They made it in time to see the closing band which is the band they were most excited to see.  Sarah sent me this picture of the two of them at the concert:

Last Thursday after class, Peter and his fraternity brothers headed to the beach for their formal but before they left, they had a fundraiser for the Raleigh Boys Club.  It was called Dunk-A-DEK. Students paid money to dunk the guys and all the money raised went to the Boys Club.  

Here's Peter doing his part:


And here's his view from last weekend:


Not going to lie...I was extremely jealous but he had a blast and I got to live vicariously through him.

I asked him to send me the group picture of everyone all dressed up and he texted me this:


I immediately texted him back telling him that this picture is absolutely horrible.  Half the people aren't even looking at the camera and even if they were it's too far away!  He responded with a laughing until crying emoji.  I'm sure (maybe) there's a better photo of the group somewhere but if there is, I'll probably never see it. He did send me this one over the weekend but it's only a small portion of the guys in his fraternity. Oh well...


When he returned from the beach, he texted me this picture:

It's hard to see but in the left-hand corner is the BABY BIRDIE!!!!!! It hatched while he was at the beach.  I was bummed he didn't get to see it but I'm so excited there's a baby!

On Saturday morning, I attended a ladies luncheon at Union Grove Baptist Church. My friend Kim was hosting a table.  It was a lovely morning.  We had a delicious meal, listened to a wonderful speaker, and there were door prizes galore!  It was such a nice morning.  (And I say this even though I did not win a door prize.)

 

On Saturday evening, Dan and I went to Mass and then had dinner at a new restaurant downtown, Twisted Pine.  It was really yummy!  We started with the cheese curd appetizer.  It was delicious.  I've never had cheese curds so I wasn't sure what to expect.  I'm not sure if these were 100% authentic cheese curds but we ate every single one of them!

And yesterday was Jennifer's 50th birthday so I had lunch at work with her.  I took zero pictures because you know how I am but it was great being able to spend a little time with her on her milestone birthday!

Dan is back in Ireland.  He's basically going to be there for the majority of the spring and summer. Peter will be done with exams next week and will come home for a week so I'll have a little company.  He's still trying to decide where he wants to spend his summer - here or in Raleigh.  

Sarah will be done with exams the following week and she will be home for the summer working as a lifeguard.  She's excited to be able to see all of her friends regularly for the summer and she's also excited to just relax.  I'm excited for any and all time I get to spend with my kids!

And that's what we've been up to!


5 comments:

Mari said...

Sarah and Joe look so cute, and I love what Peter has been up to. I love the beach picture too - even if they aren't all looking! :)
That's a lot of time for Dan to be gone. Ireland sounds great, but not all the time. Glad your kids will be with you soon.

Madeline said...

You had never had cheese curds before?!

Sarah looks lovely. Peter so handsome!! Yay baby birds... But you have never had cheese curds?! Were they breaded or battered? That's the real test. I am so happy for you that you have remedied this sad situation.

Glad Sarah will be home at least enough for you to not be lonely without Dan. Hopefully the work goes well and he can enjoy his time in Ireland too. Will you go with at all?

Colleen said...

Sarah and her bf are such a cute couple. Boy do I hear you on the sending photos from college boys, they are pretty bad...but usually make me smile. I had cheese curds for the first time in Canada on the poutine - delish!

Billie Jo said...

Shhhh! I have never had cheese curds. Not sure I am sorry about that!
Your children have grown to become beautiful and awesome young people. Yay, Mom! I cannot believe they will be home soon! So happy for you, my friend. You look beautiful in the photo!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Sarah and Joe look like Smitten Kittens!
I love the fraternity fundraiser and the big dance! The kids are living their best lives.