photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, May 15, 2020

My swimmer girl!

The week after schools shut down here, Sarah was supposed to receive an award at her school's winter sports assembly.  We were finally able to go pick up that award this week!

Here is my sweet swimmer girl with her plaque for Most Outstanding Swimmer for the Bishop McGuinness Varsity Girl's Swim Team!!

And here's the picture I posted on my other social media accounts because she liked it better:


In other news - she got a job as a lifeguard this summer!  (Well, if they can open the pools.)

There's a pool about 20 minutes from here that a friend of hers worked at last summer and even though she was a first-year lifeguard, she got a bunch of hours.  Our local pool gives a lot of hours to the more experienced lifeguards and less to first time guards so Sarah decided to interview with them. 

She got the job and is now waiting to hear from them on when training and pool setup are scheduled. She still has to complete the in-water portion of her training but since pools aren't open yet, the school she's taking her training through has gotten approval to do it in the lake at Raven Knob.

Raven Knob is the Boy Scout camp Peter went to every year and he said that the lake is cold even in the middle of June so Sarah isn't looking forward to being in it next weekend but she's going to have to do it to get certified!

I met with my Care Group on Wednesday.  Since we couldn't meet at Chick-Fil-A we met at one of their houses.  We were planning to sit on the deck outside but it was misting and it was very chilly so we brought yard chairs and sat in her garage wrapped in blankets.  I'm sure we looked ridiculous but we had a great time.  It was so nice to catch up with these ladies. 

And yesterday I was able to chat with Jennifer and catch up with her and that also made me feel a little more human. 

It's supposed to be consistently in the 80s now so the kids begged me to turn on the air conditioning.  Dan usually likes to wait as long as possible and since it's been a fairly cool spring, not turning it on until mid-May might be a record.  Plus I wanted to turn it on this morning to make sure it works.  We have consistently had issues with our downstairs heat pump ever since we built this house and typically have problems the first time we turn the air on in the spring.  But it seems to be working fine right now so I'm happy!

We don't have much planned for this weekend.  Sarah's going hiking with a friend and Peter's going to meet some friends at Cookout and they are going to eat their burgers in the parking lot.  So I guess Dan and I will get some take out from somewhere tonight and have a little date.  I am so ready to be able to eat in a restaurant again and just casually walk through Target browsing and deciding if I really need another black tee-shirt or not.

If there's one thing I've learned during this quarantine it's this:



Non-essential stores are opening back up around here but I haven't made it to any of them yet.  I'm trying to wait for a little until the novelty wears off so I don't have to stand in line for 30 minutes just to get into Marshalls.  I'm hoping to be able to venture out next week.  Fingers crossed.

Enjoy your weekend people!



3 comments:

Madeline said...

We were just talking about how next week it would be in the 80s and how long I would wait to turn on the AC. Usually, I wait until Memorial Day weekend, then when I do turn it on I spend days talking about why I didn't do it sooner. Congratulations to Sarah, I hope the lake isn't too cold!

Mari said...

Hooray for Sarah! Both pics are cute. Glad she has a job too, hope she doesn't freeze. :)
Those are my favorite pastimes too...

Ernie said...

Congrats to Sarah! So exciting. Envious of your warm weather. I think we are back in the 50s again today. We ordered brrakfast to take home and ate it as we watched Lad's graduation on Saturday. So strange.