photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Tuesday Funny

Remember yesterday how I mentioned that Sarah had made chocolate chip muffins from scratch and cleaned up everything?

Well, last night, after we got home form the basketball game, I noticed there was a rogue chocolate chip on the counter.  Hmmmmm...she must have missed this one, I thought to myself.

And then I did what I always do if there is a random bit of chocolate just hanging out - I popped it into my mouth.

But it wasn't a chocolate chip.  It was a .......

Asian Lady Beetle.

And for the record, it tasted nothing like chocolate.  It actually tasted very bitter and after I crunched into it, the beetle emitted a smell very similar to my other indoor nemesis - the stink bug!

My kids were relieved to learn that at least I didn't swallow it.  But they were even more disgusted when I told them that it was still moving after I spit it out.  

Lesson for the day - think twice before you eat anything that you find laying on my counter! 


Billie Jo said...

I hope you had a handful of chocolate chips after you spit it out!!!! : )

Alicia @ Sweeping Up Joy said...

Too funny! To eat an Asian beetle is bad enough, but to be expecting chocolate and get an Asian beetle?!?! Way worse.

Mari said...

Aaagh! That is awful!

Lucky as Sunshine said...

ha !