photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, February 4, 2013

Don't tell my husband!

We had a great weekend.

Basketball games and science project on Saturday.  Church and Super Bowl Party on Sunday. 

If the Patriots are in the Super Bowl we cannot go to a party or have a party.  Dan must be able to completely focus on the Patriots.  Since the Patriots didn't make it to the big game, I decided it would be a perfect time to invite the BFF and her family over.

I kept the menu simple:

Homemade Ranch Dip and potato chips
Homemade Guacamole and tortilla chips
My secret recipe Pepper Jack Pimento Cheese Toasts
Rotel Cups
Pioneer Woman's Sloppy Joes
Baked Beans (provided by my mom - leftovers from Sunday lunch)
Key Lime Pie (purchased from the supermarket)
Cream Puffs (purchased from the supermarket)
Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding (provided by my mom - leftovers from Sunday lunch)

And last but not least, I made Cosmopolitans

Here we are with out Cosmos!  Aren't they pretty? 

And that's the only picture from the whole evening because I was too busy chatting and eating and enjoying myself to think about taking pictures. 

So in this very spot visualize 6 very cute kids roaming in and out of the kitchen helping themselves to food and drink when they weren't playing and entertaining themselves and 4 very cute (ha!) adults eating, drinking and making merry and occasionally remembering that there was a football game on in the background.

Shhhhhh....don't tell my husband this but I may secretly be hoping that the Patriots don't make it the playoffs next year either.

1 comment:

deborah said...

Your drinks are very pretty! One consolation to your team not going to Super Bowl-there's not nearly as much pressure during the game.