photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What I've been up to since I retired my yellow trench coat.

Whew!

That's all I can say.  The last two weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. 

After we got back from Ireland, Dan had to take another business trip and a trip to visit family.  The end of the school year was upon us so the kids had field day and end of year parties which I helped with. 

Sarah turned 7.  My mom and dad turned - well, let's just say they both got older! And of course we had to celebrate all of these birthdays.  My to-do list was a mile long! 

Sarah had her Daisy Scout bridging ceremony.  Peter had his Cub Scouts end of year Amazing Race party.

But finally, everything has passed and I can breath a little sigh of relief.  School is out and things have slowed down considerably - sort of. 

The kids have swim team practice so we have already spent a lot of time at the pool.

Sarah has piano practice and Peter has guitar practice.  Sarah has been wanting to take piano for over a year now and Peter has been bugging us about the guitar all winter.  So far so good, but it is still early.  I hope the excitement and newness of it all doesn't quickly fade and become something I have to force the kids to do.

I gained several pounds over the winter and thanks to my middle-agedness, they aren't coming off as quickly as I would like.  So now I am back to running 5 days a week.  (Remind me not to stop running or exercising next winter - the metabolism just isn't what it used to be!)

My best friend, Jennifer, who I am used to spending several hours or more with every day is now working full-time at her husband's new vet clinic so I am trying to adjust to that.  The afternoons go by so much faster when you have a friend to share them with!  Her kids have spent a lot of time with us which is good.  When they are here, I don't have to hear "Moooooommmmmmm, I'm bored.  What can I do?".

We will be spending a week at the Cape at some point this summer.  Dan's work schedule has been so hectic and continues to be so the trip will have to be planned around that.  We are used to going up over the Fourth of July but this year it looks like it will have to be August.  But that's not a bad thing...it will give us something to look forward to!

So that's what I've been up to since I have retired my yellow trench.  Expect to see some very picture-filled posts over the next few days as I try to get all the pictures off my memory card and into my blog.

1 comment:

jennwa said...

I miss hanging at the pool too :(