I guess we are ready. My c-section is scheduled for 9:00 AM on Thursday morning so if you could take the time to say a prayer for us I would really appreciate.
It has been such a blessing to know that we have so many people praying for us.
Family members, high school friends, college friends, former work friends, army friends, stay-at-home mom friends, blog friends, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, people from my kid's school. All praying for Rebecca.
And then there are people that I don't know personally who are praying for us. We are on prayer lists at various churches, in Bible study groups, friends have friends praying with us by sharing our story on Facebook, my cousin even got a group of her best friends together to specifically pray for Rebecca.
And each time I hear that someone is praying for my baby, my heart is full of joy! Knowing that so many people are coming together to pray for our little one gives me such peace.
I know we are all praying for a miracle. I also know that a miracle may not be what God has in mind for Rebecca.
But I also know without a shadow of a doubt that God will be with us in the delivery room tomorrow. He will be holding my sweet baby girl no matter what and I will be trusting him through it all.
But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. - Jeremiah 17:7
If you would like to pray specifically, please pray for the following:
- Pray that the c-section goes smoothly and that there are no complications for me.
- Pray for a miracle for Rebecca - that she be born free from any signs of Trisomy 18 or any other birth defects.
- If that's not the Lord's plan for her pray that Dan and I have wisdom and discernment when making decisions about her medical care.
- Pray that all the doctors and medical personnel that see Rebecca understand that even though she has a condition that deems her "incompatible with life", we see her as God sees her - beautiful and precious and worth doing everything we can to save. Give these doctors wisdom on the best way to proceed.
- Pray that if she needs surgery to repair her esophagus tomorrow or Friday that the doctors are guided by the hand of God during the surgery.
- Pray for Peter and Sarah. Pray that they feel God's love and peace. They are both dealing with this possible diagnosis in completely different ways and neither way is what I would deem healthy.
Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. - James 5:16