photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Ready. Set. Pray.

The kids are at my parent's house.  The hospital bag is packed.  The house is neat.

I guess we are ready.  My c-section is scheduled for 9:00 AM on Thursday morning so if you could take the time to say a prayer for us I would really appreciate.

It has been such a blessing to know that we have so many people praying for us.

Family members, high school friends, college friends, former work friends, army friends, stay-at-home mom friends, blog friends, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, people from my kid's school.  All praying for Rebecca.

And then there are people that I don't know personally who are praying for us.  We are on prayer lists at various churches, in Bible study groups, friends have friends praying with us by sharing our story on Facebook, my cousin even got a group of her best friends together to specifically pray for Rebecca.

And each time I hear that someone is praying for my baby, my heart is full of joy!  Knowing that so many people are coming together to pray for our little one gives me such peace.

I know we are all praying for a miracle.  I also know that a miracle may not be what God has in mind for Rebecca.

But I also know without a shadow of a doubt that God will be with us in the delivery room tomorrow.  He will be holding my sweet baby girl no matter what and I will be trusting him through it all.

But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,    whose confidence is in him. - Jeremiah 17:7

If you would like to pray specifically, please pray for the following:

  • Pray that the c-section goes smoothly and that there are no complications for me.
  • Pray for a miracle for Rebecca - that she be born free from any signs of Trisomy 18 or any other birth defects.
  • If that's not the Lord's plan for her pray that Dan and I have wisdom and discernment when making decisions about her medical care. 
  •  Pray that all the doctors and medical personnel that see Rebecca understand that even though she has a condition that deems her "incompatible with life", we see her as God sees her - beautiful and precious and worth doing everything we can to save.  Give these doctors wisdom on the best way to proceed.
  • Pray that if she needs surgery to repair her esophagus tomorrow or Friday that the doctors are guided by the hand of God during the surgery.
  • Pray for Peter and Sarah.  Pray that they feel God's love and peace. They are both dealing with this possible diagnosis in completely different ways and neither way is what I would deem healthy.
I will post as soon as possible on Thursday or Friday to let you all know what's going on.  In the meantime, please pray! 


Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. - James 5:16




33 comments:

Madeline said...

Oh Beth we will be lifting you in prayer. After bedtime for Christopher tonight I am going to pray a rosary for your intentions. I have faith! Please take care of Rebecca and yourself first and foremost--we'll be praying regardless of updates! Know that my my prayers, positivity and love are directed towards your family of 5!

Unknown said...

Checked in to tell you that prayers continue from NYC. May God's grace be with all of you.

Suburban Correspondent said...

Good luck! I will be thinking of your little Rebecca as we blow out the candles on my son's birthday cake. April 10 is a great day to be born!

Lucky as Sunshine said...

Many Prayers coming your way.

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Praying so fervently for you all, Beth.

Jenny said...

We'll be lifting you up in prayer and begging for a miracle for sweet Rebecca. She is so very loved.

Mari said...

You've been on my heart this evening. Praying for Rebecca, and the rest of the family!

Billie Jo said...

Holding you in my heart...lifting you up in prayer...asking our holy Mother to wrap her arms around you tomorrow!

Praying!!!!!

Love you, my friend. : )

Aimee said...

You absolutely have my prayers, Beth! I'll be saying the rosary tomorrow morning for you and your family, and praying that Our Lady holds and comforts you all.

Unknown said...

PRAYING! PRAYING! PRAYING! KNow that I shall be continually doing so. It is an honor and a privilege friend.

Shannon said...

Praying! Stay close to Our Lady!

Mary Beth said...

Praying for your whole family! So many people praying, what a wonderful gift you have given to our Lord by giving life to your sweet Rebecca!

Pam said...

I will be praying for you both to feel an extra awareness of God's presence and his direction as you walk through this.

Sarah said...

Thoughts and Prayers from KY. <3

Katrina Rose said...

Been thinking of you all week! We are and will be praying.

Lauren said...

We're praying, Beth. You've been on mind and heart so much lately. I'll pray for all of these intentions and any others that the Lord knows are on your heart. God bless.
xoxo

Rebecca Frech said...

Beth, I'm offering up this whole day for you and Rebecca. God bless your whole family.

P.S. She has a great name. Rebeccas are fierce fighters.

Kim Richard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Richard said...

Beth...our MOPS group has been praying for you and your family! Wanted to send you special prayers this morning as you bring your little one into the world, another member of God's precious children. May the Holy Spirit surround your family along with each and every soul that crosses you and your family's path today and in the days to come!

Kelly M. said...

Keeping all your intentions in prayer today Beth. May God grant you peace through everything.

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for your family and Rebecca since MaryJo alerted me to her impending birth. You all will be in my prayers even more so today!

Brenda S. said...

Praying from Michigan...

deborah said...

Praying. Praying for Rebecca and Sarah and Peter. Praying for you, Beth, and Dan. Praying for the doctors. May you feel God with you.

Peggy said...

Praying in Iowa...

Christy from fountains of home said...

Prayers for a miracle and for grace for you and your family. Rebecca is a child of God and the child of a great mother!

Cammie Diane said...

Oh Beth! Praying!

Unknown said...

Praying for your family, we were just recently told that our daughter has Trisomy 13. I am 30 weeks pregnant and praying for a miracle just like you. God is good and I pray he gives our beautiful girls the chance they deserve!!

Bonnie said...

Prayers, prayers, prayers.
God love you.

Micaela Darr said...

So many prayers, Beth. May God grant you endless strength and bountiful joy.

Rebekah Es said...

Continuously praying...

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Praying!!!

Elise said...

I have been praying so much for you & your sweet Rebecca, and offering a lot up for you both. Prayers continue...

Mary Kate said...

Praying for you and sweet Rebecca. Storming Heaven for your entire family.