photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Final OB appointment and ultrasound!

I had my 38 week OB appointment yesterday morning.  And guess how big this belly is?

It measured a whopping 45 weeks!  But only 1 more week to go until the scheduled C-section so hopefully I can handle it.

I did talk to my OB and complained that my only problem with my giant stomach was lack of sleep.  He told me to take two Benadryl and call him in the morning.  Well, okay, not call him in the morning, but he did say to take Benadryl.  So I did and y'all, that's the best I've slept in weeks!  And because I wasn't tossing and turning and getting up and down all night long, it was the best Dan has slept in weeks, too.

After my OB appointment (which is my last one!), I headed for another ultrasound and BPP (biophysical profile) for the baby (which is also our last one).

She has been asleep for the last two and since they check to see that she's taking practice breaths, I wanted to make sure she was wide awake so I had some caffeine right before my appointment.  And that seemed to do the trick.

She was moving all over the place.  And as soon as the technician put the wand over her stomach we could see it moving up and down and quickly counted her breaths.

Her stomach bubble was still empty and thanks to all this fluid we are certain that the first major medical problem we will have to deal with after she is born (assuming that she's the fighter that I expect she is and comes out breathing!) will be the esophageal atresia.  But, we are ready to take it one step at a time with this little one.

And y'all, in addition to being fiesty she's ornery.  The technician was trying to get a good picture of her face for me and my little girl kept doing this:



But the technician was determined and after a lot of poking and prodding and turning we got her to show her little face:


And here's her sweet little profile:


And with that, we are officially done with all of our scheduled appointments and now we are counting the days until we meet this little one.

Thanks for your prayers.  Please, keep them coming! 

15 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hello, sweet baby!!!
My friend, thank you for sharing your sweetness with us. : )
Prayers and love and hugs...
Wish I lived closer. I'd be there cleaning bathrooms and putting dinner in the crockpot and watching Lifetime movies with you!

As it is, please know I am here, holding your hand in my heart!

Ferrell Boys Mom said...

Beautiful baby! I'm lifting y'all up in my prayers!

Mari said...

What a sweetie! I'm so glad you're sleeping better. Praying for all of you as we look ahead to next week.

Erica Saint said...

Prayers continue!

Kelli said...

I am enjoying all the sweet pictures you have been sharing of your beautiful little girl.
Praying for you....

Madeline said...

Oh Miss Rebecca the world is anxious for your arrival! I believe she is a fighter and we will all be praying hard for her and your family. I can't believe the big day is only a week away!

Colleen said...

I thought of you often during Declan's labor..praying hard for little Miss Rebecca!! (You are going to feel so good not pregnant, you poor mama)

Micaela Darr said...

Hello sweet baby! We are praying for you!

Busy Bee Suz said...

A little girl who is camera shy…imagine that. :)
I'm glad you appointments went well and you can get some more rest. You'll need it.
Prayers coming your way.
XOXO

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

The pic with her arms in front of her face is awesome! She is proving to be quite the fighter already! Go baby Rebecca! Praying for you and her!

Courtney said...

Praying here too!

Ceil said...

Hi Beth! I am coming over from Mari's blog.

Congratulations on the coming birth of your daughter! I worked in an OB/GYNE office for 12 years, so I am very familiar with your testing protocol. (I am a nurse.) I will be praying for you and your little one, and her safe delivery too.

So nice to meet you today!
Ceil

deborah said...

That profile picture is dear! Prayers for you all!

Unknown said...

LOOK at her!! She is a real beauty!! I can't wait for her to be born. What a fighter she is. God knew what he was doing when he blessed you with this special little one. So wonderful. We are praying hard my friend. God's got this. I just know it!! Hugs!

Laura Pearl said...

Those 3-D sonogram images are amazing! (They didn't have those back when I was having kids--just the grainy black and white ones.) She looks like a little beauty.

I am keeping you and your sweet little girl in my prayers.