Friday, January 20, 2012
7 Quick Takes
Is it Friday again? Already? Let's see what drivel I have to share with you guys today.
1. My husband has been out of town all week so I tend to let some things slide. Every evening after I kiss the kids good night and head downstairs, I can hear them playing in their rooms. This isn't a big deal. Typically Sarah will draw or write notes and Peter will read after I have tucked them in. But this week they have been playing together! I know! It's a post-Christmas miracle. So I've been calling for lights-out a little later than normal just because I love hearing them laughing and playing - TOGETHER!
2. Sarah got a real camera for Christmas and it has video capability. So guess what they have been doing together when they should be trying to sleep? That's right - filming themselves singing, dancing, and running around. Everything but calmly preparing for a peaceful night of sleep.
3. Last night before I left Sarah's room, she held up her camera and said she was going to take a picture of me so I stopped and posed and kept right on talking. I noticed that she still had the camera up so I posed again. I did this a couple of times before I realized that I never saw the flash go off. I didn't think anything about it until Sarah started laughing hysterically. She had been filming me the whole time.
I looked at the video and it was the most ridiculous thing ever. I am walking around talking to her and stopping to pose mid-conversation. And these aren't regular posing for the camera with a cheesy smile poses. No, these are turn to the side like you are a model poses. And the thing that makes it all the more ridiculous is the fact that I am wearing ratty pajamas and no make-up and my hair looks greasy and I look tired.
If I wasn't wearing ratty pajamas and no make-up and if my hair didn't look greasy and I didn't look tired then I might think about posting the video just so we could all share a big laugh together. But since I don't have a snazzy video editor with a "make the old lady look like Giselle Bundchen" function it will never see the light of day. Ever.
4. Dan isn't a huge fan of American Idol like I am but he is a good sport and will watch it with me. His favorite part? The audition weeks. Since he's been gone, I had to DVR the first two episodes so we can watch them together this weekend. Awwww....aren't we sweet?
5. We will also be watching the Patriots play the Ravens this weekend. Go Pats!
6. Peter was playing video games online yesterday and called me in to the room. "What is SOPA?" he questioned. I did my best to briefly explain it and asked him how he knew about it. Apparently the owners of the games, wrote STOP SOPA NOW into one of his games and in another game one of the teams he was battling against was called SOPA and you got extra points if you killed SOPA. I'm trying to understand SOPA and what it would mean for us but it's all very confusing. When I told Peter it might mean that YouTube would be shut down he almost lost it! He was still rambling on and on about it this morning while he was getting ready for school.
7. I went to Mass this morning at school. Sarah's second grade class was leading the liturgy. Sarah did a great job reading her prayers. Nothing makes me happier than to see 220 kids being reverent, respectful and quiet for one solid hour.
And the cutest thing is seeing the kindergarteners and the first graders sitting with their 6th and 7th grade buddies. But even cuter than that? Today the preschoolers joined the rest of the school at Mass and sat with their 8th grade buddies. Those 8th graders had their hands full keeping the 4 year olds quiet and still but they did a great job!
For more 7 Quick Takes visit Jennifer at Conversion Diary.