photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, January 13, 2012

7 Quick Takes

It's Friday again so that means it's time for 7 Quick Takes.


1. Peter has had 4 tests this week.  4 tests!  A religion test (memorizing and spelling correctly the Luminous Mysteries), a science test (memorizing all the bones, he gets extra points for spelling them correctly) a math test, and a 20 word spelling test.  Whew!  It's been a busy week with homework and studying but he has handled it all like a pro.  He continues to come right in and get to work before doing any playing and has done this with no whining!

2.  His teacher sent him home with extra homework on Wednesday.  Peter's cursive writing is horrible but I guess that's what happens when you teach yourself.  His teacher emailed me and told me she was sending an extra practice sheet home and wanted him to complete that as well as redo some of the words that were illegible from an assignment they did in class that day.  Peter was overjoyed with the excitement of having yet more homework.  Okay, overjoyed is probably not the right word, but he did it with  minimal complaint.

He will be really excited when he finds out that I emailed his teacher to ask if she could have him work with the 2nd grade teacher to improve his cursive.  He will probably be mad at me but if it helps his writing, it will only make his life easier in the long run.  I have seen the work that Sarah has been bringing home while she has been learning cursive and I think he could definitely benefit from getting some lessons from someone who is trained to teach handwriting.

3. I must mention my Garmin Forerunner watch one more time.  I've been using it this week and I really love it.  It beeps every time I hit a mile and I can glance at it to see how fast I ran that mile.  Then when I come home from my runs, I can easily download the data onto the computer.  I can see my pace for each mile, how many calories I burned, a map of my run, the elevation, etc.  I have been running a little faster knowing that my time is being tracked and yesterday I ran 5 miles!  My goal this year is to consistently run longer and faster. 

4. I won't be able to run this morning because I will be attending Mass at school with kids.  The third grade is leading the liturgy and Peter will be saying one of the prayers.  He's nervous even though his class has done this before.

5.  After Mass I will be heading to Target and Kohl's to do a little retail therapy!  I am looking forward to wandering around the stores with no agenda and some gift cards.

6.  Dan and I are having a date night this weekend!  My father-in-law is spending the weekend with my brother-in-law and my parents will be watching Peter and Sarah. For Christmas Dan got a gift card from his manager to a nice restaurant.  A free dinner that I don't have to cook and uninterrupted conversation with my husband!  I am looking forward to it.

7. It's a long weekend and on Monday we will be spending the day in Charlotte.  My father-in-law returns from his weekend with my brother-in-law and will be in Charlotte to pick him up from the airport.   Dan is excited to drive around our old neighborhood.   But that's not going to be too thrilling for the kids so I need to plan something fun for us to do.  Googling "fun things for kids to do in Charlotte" is my next stop on the computer.

7 1/2.   As much as I have enjoyed watching Tim Tebow and the Broncos, I have to pull for the Patriots this weekend. Go Patriots!


Head on over to Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.

2 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

Have a great date night. :)

deborah said...

Have a great weekend! I will be competing with you, because I am rooting for the Broncos! :)