Dan and I had to go to a PTO meeting on Tuesday night and since I never know what time he's going to be home from work, I decided it would be another good soup night.
We love this recipe so much that I decided to turn it into a soup. And it turned out to be really delicious, if I do say so myself.
Beth's Italian Chicken and Chickpea Soup
- 2 cans (12.5 oz) cooked chicken
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (use less if you don't like spicy food)
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine everything except garbonzo beans into crock pot. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- 30 minutes prior to serving, pour garbanzo beans into crock pot.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
For more slow cooker recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.