photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The never ending cycle.

Last night as I was putting away the last of the clothes from Mt. Laundry and silently congratulating myself for scaling it in record time, I glanced into the kid's laundry baskets and noticed...more dirty laundry! 

I hate it when I haven't even finished doing the laundry and there is already more to do.  I dislike that almost as much as I dislike throwing  a piece of trash into a freshly emptied garbage can.  It's the cycle of a mother's life I suppose.

I checked "laundry" off my to-do list anyway.  Although it was a small light check and not the large bold check I was planning to use before I noticed the new dirty laundry. 

The kids headed back to school this morning with a spring in their step and I headed back to work at the preschool.  And it was while I was playing balloon toss with one of the kids that I said under my breath to no one in particular, "I miss my kids."

So it's no surprise to me that as I downloaded the Christmas pictures this afternoon, this was hands down my favorite.

This is my husband reading the Christmas Story to my kids right before going to bed on Christmas Eve.

I love that man and I love those kids.

I must.  Because they are the ones responsible for all that dirty laundry!

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

That's a picture that needs to be printed and hung with pride in your home!

And I tackled Mt.Laundry last week myself, only my pile was a week's worth...can't imagine two weeks.

Corey~living and loving said...

beautiful moment captured. ♥

oh and for the laundry....one BIG reason I like to let Sugar and I stay in our Jammies all day on Saturday and Sunday, is so that we don't create more dirty laundry. ugh...

Robin hill farm said...

Awww. I love pics of daddies with their babies. So sweet. :)

Jessica Ryan said...

I had the same feelings about sending the kids back. I adore that photo. I wish money would regenerate the way laundry does!

RR Mama said...

Love the picture! Precious!!!

Grandma T said...

Beautiful picture...beautiful story!

Kim said...

I too really enjoyed the peace of the holidays and am now praying for a HUGE snow so our family can be snowed in together again.

Precious picture!

Heather said...

love that picture too!

Jaina said...

What a precious picture. Definitely frame worthy.

And I'm with ya on the laundry, and I only do my own! It's never ending. Stupid stuff.

Totallyscrappy said...

Lovely picture!