photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, January 11, 2010

On my honor, I will try...

In the fall, Sarah joined a Daisy troop.  If you are out of the loop like I was, girls in kindergarten can now join a Daisy troup which is the precursor to Browines.

She was so excited to be a part of a Scout troop especially since Peter is a Cub Scout.

She and the other girls in her troop had been working hard to memorize the Girl Scout Pledge.  You can't be an official Daisy until you recite your pledge at the Investiture Service.

Last month she had her chance.

I held my breath when they called her name.  She marched right up to the front beside her leader, held up three fingers, and very loudly and clearly repeated the pledge:

On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.

I was so proud of her. She had no fear.  I would have been trembling with fright.  Public speaking has always made me weak in the knees. 


Here she is posing after the ceremony with her certificate.  She told me she loved the Daisy headband because it made her look like she was getting married. 

Funny thing is, I thought the same thing.  But let's not rush things o.k.?  Because it feels like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms wondering what I was going to do with a little baby girl. 

I shouldn't have worried at all because she has no problem telling me!

 

7 comments:

Susan R said...

That is so great. Good for her. My oldest daughter was a Daisy and my youngest just came to me tonight and asked about joining. BTW....do they sell GS Cookies in Daisy scouts? I didn't think they did at this age, but I may be wrong. I just ordered 24 boxes from our neighbor. NO! We don't eat that many cookies. Our family always picks a random fire station in the neighborhood and drops them off with a thank you note.

Beth Cotell said...

Susan - Yes, they do sell cookies in the Daisy scouts.

Want to buy some more? :)

Grandma T said...

Sarah......a real trooper and so very beautiful!

Robin hill farm said...

Well, congratulation Sarah! She looks so cute there showing off her certificate with her daisy headband on!! :)

Colleen said...

Public speaking not only makes me weak in the knees, but weak in the stomach :( Good for your little confident girl - what a great gift :)

Corey~living and loving said...

TOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! She is brave. Sugar is so shy. I'm not sure she could do it.
Thanks for sharing.

have a great day.

Jaina said...

Aww, love that daisy crown, she looks adorable! Congrats to her becoming a Daisy! I love these programs for kids, they are really a neat thing. My brothers are both in the scouting program and it has been absolutely amazing.