photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, January 22, 2010

Cherry pie would be way better.

My house is clean. I have been cleaning all morning and I am trying to enjoy the cleanliness of it all.

My kids will be home from school in less than an hour and it will be dirty again.  Oh, it won't happen all at once but by bedtime my floors will be littered with crumbs and sticky spots. And dirt, fingerprints and grime will cover the other surfaces of my home.

I remember sitting in my cubicle at work before I had kids reading an email from a friend.  She had a one year old and was a stay-at-home-mom.  She mentioned in the email that she needed to leave the house because her house keeper was coming over.

Housekeeper?  Why does she need a housekeeper, I scoffed.  She stays at home all day with a baby.  She has plenty of time to clean.

And now I know.

Humble pie. Seven years later and I'm still trying to convince myself that it's delicious.

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So Very True!
We all run up against reality someday...
Pax, E

Kim said...

Love it!

Annikke said...

This is so true!! I can remember before I had kids thinking a stay at home mom must have all the time in the world and thinking how I wished I could just sit home and watch TV all day too (ya right!)

RR Mama said...

I love it when the house clean and I love even more a clean bathroom and kitchen! I know it won't stay that way but it sure looks good when I'm done.

Denise said...

So true.

Robin hill farm said...

Oh yeah, I talk about how I can't wait for the day when the kids are out of the house, and I can clean the house, and it will stay clean. But you know what, I'll probably bored out of my mind! I don't know what I would do if I had a housekeeper. Probably follow her around the house "helping" her. :)

bevy said...

We love Kathy and her girls who come "visit" our house every other Wednesday! God bless them!

Grandma T said...

....ahhh, how I love my grandkids...they scatter toys all over the house and there are sticky spots and crumbs everywhere! God is so good and I am so blessed!!

These are the Days! said...

Ha!!! Love it!!!! Send that housekeeper my way....though I'm pretty sure she'd go running the other direction! ;)

Debbie said...

You can't make humble pie taste good even with ice cream. I know. I've been eating it all my life!

Together We Save said...

Very true...