photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How to keep track of all those library books.

If your house is like mine, you have a lot of books.  You have books on your book shelves, books in your playroom, books in your kid's rooms .  Books everywhere.

And then you take the kids to the library and you get more books.  And when it's time to return your books to the library you can't find them because the library books are now on your book shelves, in your playroom, in your kid's rooms.  Library books everywhere.

This used to happen to me all of the time.  Until I finally got smart.  The minute we get home from the library the books go into the library book basket.  And they aren't allowed on our book shelves, in our playroom, in our kid's rooms...you get the picture.

When we are done with these books they go back into the basket and when it's time to make a trip to the library they are all right there.



Sounds so simple, but it works so well.

For more Works for Me Wednesday, head over to We are THAT Family.

10 comments:

Rachel R. said...

I just started storing mine in one of those rolling crates - you know, like people use at homeschool conventions. It's amazing; I love it! I couldn't carry the books and the toddler. And carrying the books but not the toddler resulted in a very frustrated mama trying to keep the toddler out of trouble constantly while carrying about 40 lbs. of books. It works much better to carry the toddler and pull the books!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

We have one of those baskets. And it really does work great! (well, except for when Mama loses a book...but we won't talk about that ;)

Chris said...

Now I just need an empty basket... :)

My problem tends to be that I have so many ex-library books from library sales. The kids don't see the difference!

Aiming4Simple said...

After recently paying $25 in overdue fines, this idea could quickly pay for itself in my house!

Corey~living and loving said...

totally Awesome! :) I keep ours in a totebag next to her bed, but the basket is prettier for sure.

Heather said...

this is now part of my new organization year!!!Thanks

Kim said...

Ok, we have a library tote bag that serves the same purpose. Claire knows that the library books are to be kept in this bag throughout the week.

Funny story, last Thursday we turned in our books and the librarian asked if Claire was checking any out this week. I replied no and here is the reason why. I knew I was going to be out of town this weekend and I was afraid Daddy would somehow not enforce Claire's library books storage system and I would return and not be able to find the books! Call me crazy but the librarian laughed and said she completely agreed with my reasoning :)

bevy said...

Yippee! Another reason to go shopping for cute baskets!

Pam said...

Exactly how I do it. I also put the library printout in the bottom of the box so that I can do a quick check before we go to the library.

Meghan said...

Great idea for readers without kids too!