photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, May 13, 2019

A lovely weekend.

Our weekend was pretty calm and that's just the way I like 'em!

Saturday was supposed to be rainy so Dan did all the yard work on Friday evening.  On Saturday, we ran errands, did a few chores around the house, picked up Sarah from a sleepover in Kernersville, and then headed to Mass.

After Mass we went to dinner at the Porch.  Yum!  This was my Mother's Day meal out!  The food there is yummy, the atmosphere is casual, and the queso is delicious! 

On Sunday, I woke up to cards and presents at the coffee maker.  My family knows that the coffee maker is my first stop of the day!


We hosted lunch as a Mother's Day treat to my mom.  She, my uncle, and my brother came over and we had lasagna, salad, green beans and bread.  I've linked all the recipes I've used because they were they were delicious!  Even my picky brother enjoyed everything and that's saying a lot!
**Please note - if you made the salad dressing, please watch the video for the correct recipe.  The video and the written recipe don't match up.  I made it following the amounts in the video and it was perfect!""

My mom made her famous chocolate cake for dessert and it was so good.  Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of anyone (or the food) when they were here.  I really should try to remember to take more pictures. 

On Sunday evening, Dan took me out for drinks.  It's always nice to spend time with just him even if it's only for an hour or so.

And then, just like that, it was Monday again.

Peter has decided to give football a try this year and spring workouts start today so I'm back to picking up Sarah after school.  But I don't mind.  It's always nice to catch up with her in the car on the way home. She starts the in-car portion of her driver's ed class in a couple of weeks and that means a year from now I won't have anyone to drive anywhere so I'm going to enjoy my last year of chauffeuring!



2 comments:

Madeline said...

Sounds like a wonderful mother's day weekend!

Ernie said...

Sounds like a great day. The cheesecake sounds amazing! I buy cheescake at costco sometimes and I try a bitr from the top without touching the crust and Coach always scolds me fearing that I will get gluten!