photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Thankful Thursday - Edition 28

Once again, I'm amazed at the speed the week has flown by.  It's Thursday so I am going to list a few of the things I'm thankful for this week:

1. Our little garden.  The Early Girls are ready!  They are small but they are ripe and delicious! 

2. Our lovely weekend.  I wrote about it here in case you missed it.  The boys went one way and the girls stayed close to home and we were all happy.

3. We had our last regular season swim meet on Tuesday. I'm always so thankful for our swim team and the fun and competition it brings to our summer. The county championship meet is next Friday so basically one week of swim practice left for the summer.  And once again I am shaking my head at how fast the days are moving.

4. These $10 flowers from the farmer's market have been making me smile all week.

5.Our White Althea bush is in full bloom and that is also making me very thankful this week.  I love summer when everything is in bloom. It's like God is speaking to us in every bloom reminding us that he made all of this for us so that we can feel his presence in the beauty.

6. Aldi. I am thankful for Aldi every week when I come out of there with a shopping cart full of food that I purchased at excellent prices. In addition to their regular items I also love their special buys.  Last week I picked up some marinated mozzarella and made this delicious lunch with tomatoes from our garden:

And this week they had adorable little succulents in tin pots for $4.99 each.  I picked up these two but already wish I had grabbed a couple of the other varieties:

Aren't they adorable?  I feel like Joanna is  responsible for these!  :)

These are just a few of the things I'm thankful for this week.  What about you?  What are you thankful for this week?

2 comments:

Madeline said...

I am so glad your tomatoes are ripening! Yay tomato sandwiches. And BLTS. And all the goodness!

I often find myself thankful for Aldi as well. Though you find better specials than I do!

Maria (also Bia) said...

There is nothing like a good, sun-ripened garden tomato. Well, a tomato and warm bread. And maybe a glass of wine ;-)