photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Thankful Thursday - Edition 19

There is so much to be thankful for every day.  Here's this week's list:


1. Air conditioning.  The heat pump that cools the upstairs went out this week (apparently a bug got stuck in it at just the right spot which caused the whole thing to shut down) and we had to get it fixed.  Luckily it was cool enough at night that sleeping with the windows open was just the right temp and we didn't sweat to death but none the less, I will always be thankful for A/C and our friendly repairman Brian. (We have had problems with both the heat pumps starting about a year and a half after we built the house.  By the time we started having problems, the manufacturer said "too bad" it's out of warranty so I see my repairman Brian at least once a year.)

2. I worked my last Teacher Lunch Out at Our Lady of Mercy yesterday.  I am thankful that I have had the time and opportunity to volunteer at this sweet school.  And I am also thankful for lunch afterwards with the other moms who volunteered. And I am also very thankful for the teachers who teach there. 

3.  Before Sarah got her Confirmation roses, I bought these beauties from Lidl.


I will always be thankful for flowers.


4. And speaking of Confirmation,  I am definitely thankful for a wonderful weekend celebrating my sweet Sarah with family.

5. We got our tomatoes and peppers and herbs and flowers planted this weekend.  Dan has been watering ever since because we have had nothing but sunshine for the past week!  Vegetable gardens and sunshine mean school is almost over!  I am thankful for all of the above!

6. Track season is over!  I am thankful that Peter had the experience of running for his high school team.  He didn't make the time cuts to run in regionals or states but I think he will make it next year.  He had a great time hanging out with his friends, he got good exercise and a Bishop McGuinness track hoodie that he can wear as part of his official school uniform.  And now that track is over, I can pick him up from school right after I pick up Sarah.  Back to the normal routine!  I am always thankful for the normal routine!

7. Avocados, tune and mayo!  Mix it all together with salt and pepper and lime juice and you have a delicious high protein, low carb, and extremely filling lunch! Quick, easy, and tasty!





What are you all thankful for this week?

2 comments:

RR Mama said...

I'm so glad you were able to volunteer at your children's school, that is always such a wonderful time. However I hear you on getting back to a normal routine. I'm excited for the end of school. These senior year activities are no joke and between that and baseball and off season basketball we are busy every night of the week. Here's to summer break!

Billie Jo said...

I am thankful for YOU.
I shared your sweet daughter's Confirmation story with my family.
They were so moved!!!!
I love it!