photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, June 13, 2016

Not exactly how we had planned but it was the weekend...

On Friday afternoon, I took Peter, Sarah, Colton and Cheyanne to the pool for a little fun.  Not swim practice, just fun.

We had been at the pool for about 45 minutes when they called pool break.  The kids got out and Peter told me he was freezing as he wrapped up in a towel.  I thought that was odd since it was 90 degrees but I figured the water must have been extremely cold.

At the end of pool break, Peter was still wrapped up in a towel and everyone else was finishing snacks so none of my group had gotten back in the water.  A couple of minutes later, the lifeguard blows her whistle and yells, "Everyone out of the pool!"

The kids asked what was going on and I told them it was probably a Code Brown.  (Use your imagination...)  However, we quickly discovered it was what I will now be calling a Code Orange.  Someone had thrown up in the two foot. Which meant, the  offending matter had to be removed from the water, new chemicals put into the pool and then we had to wait for up to an hour for the new chemicals to kick in.  Since we were only planning on staying another hour anyway, we left.

When we got home, Sarah asked if Chey could spend the night and then go to Peter's basketball game with us the next morning.  "Moooooooommmmmmmmmmm, I'm going to be so totally bored at the basketball game without any friends to talk to and nothing to doooooooooooooooooooooo."

So, I agreed. Sarah and Chey went over to get Chey's clothes. Peter meanwhile was wrapped up in a blanket on the couch watching tv.

After Colton left, Peter went upstairs and took a two hour nap.  I then realized that perhaps I should take his temperature and low and behold his fever was almost 102!  Yikes.  So I gave him meds and he laid around some more.

I had to text his coach to let him know we wouldn't be playing ball the next morning.  Peter said he felt like he was letting his coach down but I told him there was no way he was going to feel like running up and down the basketball court for an hour the next day.

We decided to see how he felt the next morning before officially saying we weren't going.  He woke me up at 5:00 saying he was having trouble sleeping so I gave him more medicine and he went back to sleep.  And of course we did not go play basketball.  Instead I let him sleep in and then he laid around the house all day.  However, he was fever free the whole time so that was good.

Since we weren't going to the basektball game, I took Sarah and Chey to a special swim camp/practice and they were both excited about that.

Dan had come home on Friday after work and had gotten all the yard work done since we were supposed to be at a basketball game on Saturday.  We looked around and were like what should we do.

Don't get excited though....after swim practice we went to lunch at Chick-Fil-A and then headed to Lowes.  Dan decided to use his free time repainting the front porch swing and the trim around the front door.  I used my free time ordering special stain/paint for the actual front door because it looks like a hot mess and could definitely use a fresh coat.  That will be a future weekend project for my husband.

We grilled pork tenderloin skewers for dinner (which the kids proclaimed as very good) and that was our Saturday.

On Sunday we headed to Mass and went out to lunch.  Peter attended a friend's birthday party.  A laser tag company came and set up in their back yard and Peter had a great time with all his friends from school.

While he was doing that, Sarah, Dan, and I headed to Kohl's to spend a gift card that Sarah had received for her birthday.  And just like that, the weekend was over.

And because no blog post is complete without a picture, here's the freshly painted porch swing...


Madeline said...

I LOVE your freshly painted porch swing. That's awesome. So glad Peter wasn't sick for too long.

Mari said...

The swing looks great! I'm glad Peter wasn't sick long. Bob and I had the flu last week and it took about a week to feel normal again. Neither of us has been that sick for a long time,