photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, June 6, 2016

A big sigh and a quick update...

Do you hear that long, loud sigh?

No worries.  It's just me breathing a huge sigh of relief!

School was over on Friday and honestly, I was more excited than the kids.  Between PTO work and driving for field trips and working on the dance and just general life, I am more than ready for a break.  Don't get me wrong though - I enjoy everything I work on but a break is always good.

And the kids?  They had homework and projects and tests up until Thursday!  So there was no relief for them until the very last day!  They are more than ready for a couple of months off as well.

Before we officially get going with summer though, I have some pictures to share.

Last Monday, Dan and Sarah and I took a bike ride around Salem Lake.  An almost 7 mile bike ride.  Salem Lake is hilly and it was hot and I was very glad when it was over.  Sarah had been begging to go on a bike ride for a while so we took her.  Peter was not interested in going and since he had homework, we let him stay home.


And for the record, this is my new favorite way to pose for photos.  In the future, I will be standing sideways and very close to whomever happens to be beside me so that I can hide half of myself!  I swear, this angle takes 15 pounds off! 

On Tuesday, the school had it's annual picnic.  We spent the day at a local park playing and eating and celebrating the end being near!

7th grade with some of the 8th grade mixed in!

Some of the 6th grade waiting their turn to bat in the softball game! 
And on Wednesday, Sarah's class presented Mark Twain's "The One Million Pound Note" in their classroom. They had been working on it for the last couple of weeks and did a really great job. Sarah had the lead female role.  The class was split into actors and crew and they all did a great job!! I was very proud of them all. They had a short time to learn a lot of lines and they came through!


After watching the play, I drove on the 7th grade/PreK Buddies final field trip.  They went bowling together and had a great time!  Here is Peter with his sweet little buddy, Tommy. 
He's giving Peter a big hug and he's saying cheese.  So cute when little kids try to smile and it looks like a pained grimace!

Now that's a cute smile!
On Thursday, I took one last solo Target/Kohls run before summer vacation and stopped at Dunkin Donuts for an iced coffee.  And to my surprise I got a free donut for National Donut Day!

And then on Friday night, we had our annual end-of-year dinner celebration at Tokyo.  My brother joined us.

Me and my girl before heading out to dinner.





And with that, school is over and I'm going to rest. 

But wait - we've got swim practice and swim meets and a basketball tournament and I woke up this morning thinking about some things I need to start working on for the PTO and ....well, it will be September soon enough.  I guess I can rest then!

3 comments:

Mari said...

I always breathed a sigh of relief when school was done too. :)
I try to do that sideways pose too, but I never look as cute as you!
Speaking of cute, those pictures of Peter and his little friend are adorable.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Mom's never really get to rest....do they? I think you have about 9 more years...then you can rest. LOL. Love that you celebrate the end of school with a nice family dinner!

Billie Jo said...

Yay summer!!!!!
And you are gorgeous, my friend.
Inside and out! : )