photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Five Favorites. Keeping me organized.

It has been a year (a whole year!) since I did a Five Favorites post so I thought it was about time to share some of my favorite things with you. 

I'm not a super organized person but I do have a few things in the organization department that make me smile every time I see them neatly doing their job.  And here they are:

Fave #1:  My jewelry hangers.  Earrings, bracelets, and necklaces are all hanging neatly in my closet.  I love how handy everything is and how it's all right there together.  Having those big bulky necklaces make it hard to use a normal jewelry box but these hangers do the trick.



Fave #2:  My junk drawer organizer. I have several junk drawers in the kitchen but I recently purchased these cool dividers from Bed Bath and Beyond and now whenever I open this drawer, everything I need is right at my fingertips in it's own compartment. 



Fave #3:  My scarf hanger.  I had been throwing all my scarves on a coat hanger but every time I would try to pull one off, all the others would come off with it.  This hanger has holes for each scarf.  And notice those empty holes?  I think I need to fill them up!



Fave #4: My spice rack. I've had this spice rack for a couple of years now and I love it. It holds over 36 spices.  It's labeled and each shelf pulls out and down so you can grab what you need. 




Fave #5:  My recipe binder.  Several years ago, I put all of my frequently used recipes in a binder that I have broken down into categories: beef, pork, chicken, side dish, dessert, appetizers.  Every Sunday when I'm making the grocery list and weekly menu, I pull this thing out. 


And that's what I'm digging these days.  For more Five Faves, head over to Jenna's!

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Being an organized junky…this just made me so happy. I have the scarf hanger and yes, I need to fill up mine as well. :) The recipe binder is AMAZING!!!

Mari said...

What a great idea for a post! I have the same spice organizer and I love it.
I need the scarf holder, the jewelry hangers and the drawer organizer. Thanks for the tips!

deborah said...

I love reading about people's favorites! Where did you get the spice organizer? I still struggle with my spices~they are usually a mess!

My daughter has a scarf hanger. They are such a nifty idea!