photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, May 10, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday




Woo Hoo!  It's 7 Quick Takes Friday!

And why are you so excited about 7 Quick Takes Friday you might ask.

Well, I'll tell you!  My husband has been out of the country for the last twelve days and I'm ready to see him!

1.  Sarah and I were in Wal-Mart the other day perusing the book section when a youngish girl(maybe 20-something) rushed passed us.  She was a "big-un" as my kids like to call the larger folk and of course, she was squeezed into some skinny jeans and squeezed into a too tight, too short shirt.

And of course, there were a good 2 -  3 inches of her plumber's crack showing.  Yikes!!  I was embarrassed for her.

Moral of the story  - Momma's  don't let your big-uns wear skinny jeans with a short shirt. (Growing up to be a cowboy would be a big improvement for this young woman.)

2. Does anyone else scribble down items for a Quick Taste post on a scrap of paper and realize that by Friday the scrap of paper has been tossed out?

3. I think Spring has finally sprung! (Although I vaguely remember typing that a few weeks ago before the weather turned winterish on us again.)  It was 81 degrees here yesterday with similar temps predicted from here until October!  I actually worked up a nice sweat during my run this morning and it felt great!

4.  I bet you guys are really wishing I hadn't thrown that scrap of paper away because I'm sure my Quick Takes would have been so much more interesting than writing about the weather and my lack of Quick Takes.

5.  Christy Long came to our MOMs group this week.  She was speaking on forgiveness (specifically forgiveness when there is infidelity in your marriage, but I think we all took something home from her talk because we have all been forgiven by God and we all have someone we need to forgive at some point in our lives.  Whew!  Run on sentence maybe?)

Her book is entitled God Keeps His Promises and is available on Amazon. (She is friends with Gary Chapman (author of the Love Languages books) and he wrote a forward to her book.)

6. I've been eating smoothies for lunch for the last couple of weeks.  I can't really tell a difference weight loss wise but I do seem to have a lot more energy.  My favorite combo so far is spinach, greek yogurt, honey, blueberries and bananas.   My kids think I'm gross for putting in spinach or kale but I really don't even taste it.    They keep asking me to make them one but I know they are going to be disappointed when it doesn't taste like a milkshake!

7.  What do you guys like in your smoothies??

All right, head on over to Jen's place to check out everyone's Quick Takes.  I'm sure they didn't toss out their scraps of paper....

No comments: