photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Sunday, July 10, 2011

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a COW!

We participated in Chick-Fil-A's Cow Appreciation Day on Friday!

Every year, on the first Friday in July, if you dress like a cow and head to Chick-Fil-A, they will give you a free meal!

Jennifer and her family have done it 4 years in a row now.  Since we weren't on vacation like we typically are this time of year, we decided we would do it too.

I painted cow spots on old tee-shirts and my kids, along with Jennifer's kids, made cow masks.

The girls had fun making their masks!
The boys had more fun than they will admit making their masks.

Dan was an old fuddy-duddy and didn't want to risk his pride to save $5.86 so he went dressed as a grumpy old man.  I don't have a picture of that but here is what the kids and I looked like:
Without our masks.

With our masks.

We had a great time checking out everyone else's version of a cow.  I thought we looked pretty good.  If we are around next year on Cow Appreciation Day, I think instead of making masks, I will just paint a couple of black spots on our faces and call it good.  (I've saved our shirts just in case.)  The masks took a lot of energy...a little black paint would have been quicker and cuter.

Check out Jennifer's family here.  And just so you know, her husband was a fuddy-duddy too and went dressed as a grumpy old man!

Hope everyone had a great Cow Appreciation Day!

3 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my word! I love that you did this. ♥ can you be my mom?

Beth said...

Very cool! I don't know Dan, but I know Quinn...and I'm not surprised he didn't show up in his cow costume. :)

jennwa said...

You guys make great cows. It is a lot of fun to dress up and get free food. The guys do not know what they are missing.
Love free Chik-Fil-A