photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Who is this?




Who is this little first grader I put on the bus this morning? He looked the same as always when I kissed him goodbye, but now as I look at these pictures I snapped in the rush of the first day of school, I barely recognize him.

Through my blurry photography I struggle to make out something, anything, that resembles the baby boy I once held in my arms. Everything about him seems foreign to me now - the long legs, the freckles on the left side of his nose, the snaggle-toothed grin, the slender feet, the adorable ears.

Someone came in the middle of the night and quietly replaced my baby with a first grader.

Be still my heart.

6 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Awww, I love first day of school pictures. He is so handsome.

Corey~living and loving said...

awww.....hugs to the mama! :)

Denise said...

Bless your heart sweetie.

Andrea said...

trust me when i say "i know, i know, i know!!!"! when i was blogging about their first day of school i couldn't help but notice how much tanner had changed sooo much within a year. he still had that little big look about him in kindergarten, but not anymore..he looks a big kid!! i think that's why i cried so much last week!! : (

Aimee said...

Oh man -- my turn is coming next week. I send a first grader AND a fifth grader out into the school world.

Luckily, I still have a couple of "zero graders" at home with me ;)

Grandma T said...

Now this made me tear up!!