photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Things we are thankful for.

My kids are old enough now that I feel that we should be starting traditions during the holidays. One that I established this Thanksgiving was “The Thanksgiving Tree”. I was inspired by my friend Jennifer. She is braver than I am. My version does not involve any paint!

I asked them to tell me things they were thankful for and I wrote them down. I copied the things they were thankful for on to leaves and then we, er, I mean I, glued them on to the tree. I thought they would want to glue them on but they were not interested. Not sure what the problem was because I can always get Sarah to go wild with glue but not this time.

This was the result:






Bananas, butterflies, Legos and pretty flowers are just as important as family and friends. Oh, yeah...and cookies. Don't forget the cookies!

1 comment:

jennwa said...

Those look great and the kids look proud of their trees.