1. And speaking of long - the kids have track practice twice a week for an hour and forty-five minutes each. That's a long time! Especially for the Tuesday practice which is right after school. The kids are complaining that it's too much and for once, I think I might agree with them. Our first meet is next weekend and I'm excited to see how it goes.
2. When I went out for my run this morning, the clouds in the sky looked like blue and pink cotton candy so I ran back inside to get a picture:
Pretty, huh? Every morning I am amazed at how different each sunrise looks. Every morning. Like I think God would be satisfied just giving me the same old show over and over again. Nope. It's different every morning.
3. And speaking of God - this was in our church bulletin last Sunday:
If God had a refrigerator, he'd have your picture on it!
I thought that was cool because everyone knows that you put pictures of the people you love the most on your refrigerator.
4. And speaking of God's refrigerator. I think if God had a refrigerator, it would be very similar to this one:
Because I know that if I ever got a new refrigerator, it would be very similar to this one.
5. I got my hair trimmed and colored last week and my stylist decided to curl it for me just for fun. I thought it turned out really cute:
Please forgive the bad lighting and chopped off head. I took ten pictures and this was by far the best. I guess I'm not destined to be a big-time blogger because I haven't mastered the art of photographing myself in a mirror yet.
Sarah loved the curls and wanted me to do the same to her hair. Peter asked me if it would go back the other way and Dan asked "what did you do to your hair?". I'm with Sarah - I like the look. Sorry boys! However, I don't have a curling iron and I'm too lazy to spend an extra 15 minutes on my hair each day. I like the idea of doing this for special occasions though.
6. We finally finished our taxes! It always feels good to have that chore done.
7. I am really enjoying my new phone. I'm trying out different apps that people have recommended to me. So far my favorites are Words With Friends (although I am terrible!) and Sound Hound (it will tell you the name and artist of any song it hears playing on the radio!) and Grocery iQ (no more paper and pencil grocery lists for me!)
Do you guys have any favorite apps I should check out?
Have a great weekend and be sure to head over to Conversion Diary to check out more Quick Takes.