Friday, March 9, 2012
7 Quick Takes Friday
1. We have absolutely nothing to do and no where to be tomorrow. I am sleeping in and the rest of the people around here better do the same! Remind me to remind them of that tonight at bedtime.
2. Even though we have nothing on Saturday, we do have track practice on Sunday afternoon. I have volunteered to help the coach which basically means, I make sure all the kids are lining up where they are supposed to be lining up and that they are doing what the coach is telling them to do. There are 15 kindergarteners on the track team. It's like herding cats, y'all. And that's all I'm going to say about that.
3. The track coach is originally from Trinidad and she went to Texas A&M on a full track scholarship. I've never seen her run, but I've seen her kindergarten son run. This boy is fast. I saw him almost outrun one of the other male volunteers. I think beating this kindergartener almost sent this man into cardiac arrest. Afterwards, I heard the man say, "There was no way I was letting him beat me!" Um, yeah.
4. I am going today to drop off my 11-year-old Oreck vacuum because it is running. I'm hoping they can fix it because the thought of spending money on a new vacuum is disheartening. I want to spend my money on something fun -like a new phone!
5. And wouldn't you know...the Oreck store is right beside the Sprint store. I've been contemplating getting a new phone for quiet sometime now. I have never even texted before so the thought of getting a phone with internet capability is very exciting to me. My husband is not as excited. "How much is all of this going to cost me?" he asked glumly at breakfast.
6. So I started naming of ways we are saving money now. Like I am cutting his hair now so that he doesn't have to go to the barber. And now that Peter only goes to get allergy shots every other week, I am saving on Dunkin Donuts costs as well as on allergy shot costs. Dan told me I sounded like the government and that I should be telling him ways we are bringing in money and not ways we are cutting costs. At that point, I told him he better hurry up and get to work.
7. And speaking of Dan - he made it back safe and sound from Austria and will be home for a week before he has to head out to Ireland, or France, or somewhere fancy that isn't here. But I can't complain I guess. Someone has to work so that I can get a new phone.
Happy Weekend everyone! For more Quick Takes, head over to Conversion Diary where Jen has had a smart phone for years and actually pays for hers herself.
Labels: 7 Quick Takes