photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday (Better Late than Never)!


I know that Wednesday is almost over so I'm a little late to the party on this Works for Me Wednesday post, but when I saw that Shannon wanted quick and easy recipes AND that her recipe contained Rotel AND that there were people out there who had never heard of Rotel, I knew I had to post this recipe.

I originally got this recipe off of a can of Hunt's diced tomatoes but the second time I made it, I substituted Rotel for the Hunt's tomatoes and have been making it this way ever since. My husband loves this recipe because it's tasty. I love it because it's easy and quick and I normally have all the ingredients for it on hand at any given time. So without any further rambling, here's the recipe:

Tomato Bacon Quesadillas

8 flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 can Rotel with lime (any flavor works but we prefer the kind with lime for this recipe)
10 pieces of cooked bacon (I always use the microwave bacon...so much easier than frying!)
2 T vegetable oil

Combine cheese, Rotel and bacon.
Spread 1/8 of the mixture on half of a tortilla and fold in half to make a circle.
Cook each quesadilla over medium low heat until cheese has melted and tortillas are starting to turn brown...a couple minutes on each side.
Serve with sour cream.

It is really easy to whip these up and they are super yummy! And if you have never used Rotel tomatoes before you don't know what you are missing.

My favorite Rotel recipe is this yummy dip:

Brown a pound of sausage and drain the grease off.
Put a block of cream cheese in a pot over low heat.
Stir in a can of Rotel (drain the liquid off first).
Stir in the sausage.
Cook until warm (continuing to stir) and serve with corn chips or tortilla chips.

If you have never had this before, you are probably turning up your nose but let me tell you...this is some good eating! Take this to a party and you will come home with an empty bowl...I promise!

And with that, I am off to bed to dream of fattening dip...but hey it's got tomatoes in it so it can't be all bad. Can it?

6 comments:

Michelle said...

OMG Beth!

That sounds amazing!

It also sounds fattening, but at (almost) 42, do you think I care?????????

I will make it this weekend. I may hide it from the kids, and just share with Allen.....is that a sin?

Hiya Honey, thanks for visiting my blog (I am a newbie, be patient

jennwa said...

They sound good I am making the first
one tonight and you were holding out on the second recipe. That one sounds really yummy. Cream Cheese !

Kellan said...

Those quesidillas sound wonderful - anything with bacon and cheese has got to be good - I am going to try those! Thanks, Kellan

Pam said...

I recently had some dip like that at a Word of Life leaders meeting. The woman who made it called it a "heart attack in a bowl," but of course we all ate it like crazy!

Ms. Skywalker said...

Didn't you know?

Putting a veggie or fruit in any recipe instantly negates any unhealthy calories or fat.

Eat up!

Evden said...

I love the rotel dip with cream cheese, we may have to make that. Thanks for your advice, I have figured out how to post a comment! Yeah!