photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Conversation with a 5 year old boy...

As he was getting ready for bed tonight, I noticed that Peter was holding himself. The following conversation followed:

Me: Go pee, Peter.

Peter: I don't have to go.

Me: Oh, ok.

30 seconds elapse and he begins to hold himself again.

Me: Go pee, Peter.

Peter: I don't have to go.

Me: You are holding yourself so it looks like you have to go pee.

Peter(in an exasperated tone): I don't have to pee Mom. I'm just holding myself because it's fun.

Me: Oh. Well, o.k. then.

I didn't really know what else to say.

8 comments:

Tina said...

lol...my days is coming!!!

Friend's son was heard in bathroom saying 'Go DOWN. STOP it!!' That's a boy conversation there!! LOL

jennwa said...

Too cute. Boys are so funny.

TracyMichele said...

Oh.My.Gosh. That is a DAILY discussion here. Although my son has never said it was fun, he just continues down the "I don't have to go" road. *sigh*

(fyi.. our new Christmas card photo is posted if you want to check it out)

Robin hill farm said...

That reminds me of a story my mom told me about my nephew. Mom and my sister were shopping at the mall when Jonathon said that he had to go to the bathroom "really, really badly". My mom asked him if he could just hold it, and he proceeded to "hold it". Mom and Tina were embarrassed, but Jonathon sure gave them a good laugh. :)

Cynthia said...

That will be me, soon enough...and I wont have anything to say either!

Anonymous said...

Little boys......they're all alike!! :)

Corey~living and loving said...

oh man...they start early don't they? sigh.....MEN!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh now that's just HILARIOUS. And I hope someday he reads this post!