photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, December 14, 2007

Ham and cheese, please!

My husband is very cheap and he tends to prefer his own company to the company of anyone else. So on most days during his lunch hour, he drives to a nearby park, eats a lunch that I have packed for him and listens to Rush Limbaugh. This makes him very happy. My husband is a simple man. Thank goodness...

I dislike packing lunch for my husband. I haven't figured out why I dislike it so much but it probably has something to do with the fact that I'm lazy. But even though I don't like to do it, I love him so I do it anyway.

My poor husband gets the same thing for lunch every day...a ham and Swiss cheese sandwich with mayonnaise and a can of Diet Mountain Dew. He eats this every day. Bleh. And as much as I hate packing this for him, I feel sorry that he has to eat it. But that's what he says he wants and I'm too lazy to figure out something else for him to eat so that's what he gets. Every. Day.

While my poor husband is eating the same pathetic sandwich I begrudgingly pack for him day after day after day, there is one lucky family out there who gets to eat like this every day. This wife and mom strives to make her family tasty and visually appealing lunches every day using the Bento method. She wants to do this for her family and she's doing it quite well. What a good wife!

Look back through her archives at all the gorgeous lunches she has packed for her family. If I weren't so lazy, I'm sure I could get some great ideas for my husband's lunch here. But knowing him, he would come home asking where his ham and cheese sandwich was.

Like I said, my husband is a simple man. Lucky me!

8 comments:

Tina said...

Just THINKING about doing all of that prep makes my eyes bleed! Yikes. Kudos to her, and more power, too!!

My salad-eating husband packs his own lunch b/c I'm his non-salad-eating wife!!

I'm lucky, like you!!

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my....the same thing....every day. I just couldn't pack it....or eat it.

I've seen bento. Very pretty....but I am wayyyyyyyyyyy to lazy or busy blogging. LOL

Grandma T said...

Ham and cheese - it's not so bad! However, my sweetie loves the opportunity to get Chick-Fil-A. Oh, lucky me!!

Family O'Foxes said...

Wow, I want to eat lunch at that Mom's house. She really puts a lot of thought into her food.

I'm more like you...can't they just eat the same thing everyday so I don't have to "think" about it.

~Amy

jennwa said...

Your husband is a simple guy, I know he appreciates his ham and swiss sandwiches, just the way they are.

Robin hill farm said...

Lee usually takes leftovers from the night before. He gets bored of sandwiches, so this keeps him sane and happy.

Rising Rainbow said...

Yupe, I think you're lucky that his tastes are simple and just keep on giving him what he asks for.

Pam said...

I wonder what would happen if you surprised him by sending a thermos full of hot soup! Whew, doggie! That might be more excitement than he could handle, poor guy! My husband usually brings leftovers from dinner the night before. He heats them in the microwave and eats at his desk. Certainly saves a lot of money brown-bagging it!