photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, April 16, 2018

A surgery update and a weekend report.

Happy Monday everyone!

I made it through my surgery with no problems.  Thank you for your prayers! 

We dropped the kids off at school on Friday at 7:45 and then headed to the hospital where the procedure was being done.  It's a small hospital with most of the work being outpatient surgeries but they do have rooms if you have to be admitted overnight.

We were there a little before my 8:15 check-in time and got checked in a few minutes early.  They called us back almost immediately after that and began to prep me for surgery.

We met with the anesthesiologist and his nurse, my nurse, and the doctor who was doing my surgery.  At 9:55I was being whisked to the operating room and by about 10:10 I was out.  The last thing I remember was looking at the clock.

I made sure to look when I opened my eyes and it was 12:15. So I had been out about 2 hours.

Dan spoke to the surgeon before I woke up.  He told him that the lipoma was bigger than he originally thought but that they did not have to put in a drain.  I was very happy to hear that.  And the carcinoma was pretty deep but luckily it wasn't wide so they did not have to do a skin graft.  I was also extremely happy to hear that.

We left the hospital just in time to pick up some pain medication from the pharmacy and get the kids  from school.

I came home and my care group and bestie Jennifer had flowers for me:

Aren't they both so springy and beautiful!?  I have the best friends!

Peter and Dan got everything packed up and headed out for the weekend to zipline and camp with the Boy Scouts.  My parents took me and Sarah out to dinner on Friday night and then I went to bed.  Poor Sarah was up very late working on homework.  She had a ton of it this weekend.

On Saturday I slept in as late as Wally and Kitten would let me.  (Those two love to have cat fights of epic proportion right on top of me in the wee hours of the morning.)

Sarah spent the day working on more homework while I managed to do three loads of laundry and nothing else.  We went to Mass and then to Zoe's for dinner where one of the things we had was this delicious hummus trio starter:

I love hummus and Zoe's makes some of the best.  Also, I love their new power grain bowls.  So good and good for you!

This was my eye on Sunday morning:

Attractive, isn't it?  It's even more purple today but thankfully my glasses cover a lot of it up! Who needs eye shadow with this black eye?

 The boys came home a little earlier than planned from their camping trip on Sunday morning because the weather forecasters were calling for a lot of rain and they didn't want to be stuck in a lot of wind and rain trying to take down their tents.

Sarah was supposed to have a track meet on Sunday afternoon but that ended up being cancelled due to the weather.  There was actually a tornado that touched down in a nearby town and a lot of wind and rain.  So after a quick lunch, we all spent the rest of the day at home being lazy.  Dan and I napped and the kids relaxed and next thing you know, it's Monday!

Here are a few pictures from the camping trip:



Gigi said...

So glad your surgery went well!

Suburban Correspondent said...

I'm glad your surgery went smoothly! Where were the Boy Scouts hiking? It looks gorgeous!

Pam said...

So glad you're on the over side of the surgery. Good reports and no more dreading it. Yay. I'm sorry you look like you lost a fight though. I hope you heal quickly. Very beautiful hike though!

Madeline said...

I am so glad the surgeries went well with no complications. I hope you heal swiftly. Sounds like a quiet weekend was what the doctor ordered! (And three kinds of hummus? I didn't even know there was such variety.)

Mari said...

I'm so glad your surgery went so well! I banged my eye a few years ago and got a black eye. It was the first time in my life I was glad I wore glasses!
Looks like a great camping trip. Beautiful photos!

Busy Bee Suz said...

It looks like the boys had a lovely time on their trip. So sorry about your surgery, but SO happy you're gonna heal just wonderfully. The flowers are lovely too. I say you add purple eyeshadow to the other eye and just go with it. :0

Ernie said...

I have not been a good blogging friend for the last week - life has been a bit more hectic than usual. Sorry to hear that you needed surgery, but glad to hear that it went well and it is over. I, too, wonder where the boy scouts were camping. Hope you are healing quickly.

deborah said...

Glad your surgery went well! Such a blessing!
And that hummus looks amazing!