photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Just another Wednesday around here.

My mother-in-law continues to defy the hospice odds and is still hanging on.  My husband said that yesterday that he and his sister had a very hard time getting her to wake up.  She was in a very deep sleep for most of the day.  And they were basically unsuccessful at getting her to eat any food.

The hospice nurses are still declaring that it will be any day now so they continue to wait. 

The kids and I are doing fine here.  I miss him but I know he's exactly where he needs to be.

We are up to our eyeballs in homework and music lessons and sports practices so things are fairly normal here.

I took my glucose test on Monday and am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't hear back from the doctor's office.  No call means all clear.  A call means I get to have the fun of a three hour glucose test.

The weather forecasters were predicting snow yesterday evening so Peter's basketball practice got called off in anticipation of a "weather event" that never happened. (That's how we do things in the south.  We call off things just in case it snows because no one here can drive in it and the snow plows are few and far between.) But, ultimately, it ended up being okay because Peter had a ton of homework and he got to play online with one of his friends from school.

Today I am taking Sarah to get her hair trimmed.  We typically only do this once or twice a year and it really needs a good whacking.  Previously she has been very hesitant to get even the slightest bit trimmed off but today she wants several inches cut off.  And I think it needs it because there's a lot of split ends happening.

Baby Rebecca continues to kick and punch the living daylights out of me.  Occasionally her kicks will be so hard they make me jump.  But I'm enjoying every single one of them.  Thank you for your continued prayers for her.

And that's about all that's going on around here.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Thanks for the update on your MIL. The waiting is so hard in this situation and I'll be praying for her and those around her.
You better show us a picture of Sarah with her new cut. :)
Love those kicks!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your MIL and Rebecca have been on my mind. Such an unsettling time in your lives, yet you are doing it with grace. Will you share a photo of Sarah's cut???
I hope she was happy with her decision….it really is hard being a girl!
XO