photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, September 17, 2012

The rest of the week will surely be a breeze!

A few weeks ago I got a post card in the mail reminding me I needed to schedule my mammogram.  I dutifully got one on the books and began to recall that normally I have a pap smear right around the same time. 

Hmmm...seems like it's been more than  a year since my last one, I thought.  Probably closer to a year and a half.  I guess I should call them to see when I need to come in.

I called and spoke to a really nice nurse who wanted to know if I had been anywhere else since my last appointment with them in TWO THOUSAND AND NINE!

Y'all!  Where did the time go?  I could have sworn I was just there last September. 

Anyway, I went this morning.  Nothing says "hello, Monday morning" like a pap smear at 8:30 am.

I was in the exam room and the doctor came in, along with a med student who was observing him on his rounds, and a nurse. 

I almost asked him if the janitor and one of the other women in the waiting area wanted to come in as well because there was a little more space left in the exam room.  But I didn't because my doctor is the nicest doctor ever and I didn't want to embarrass him or the 14-year-old med student that was observing him.

I think the pair of underwear that I had neatly hidden under my other clothes was older than this girl!

So that and a trip to Wal-mart for groceries has been my Monday morning.  I figure it's all down hill from here!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh man, it's supposed to be a private party!!! When I gave birth last time, there were waaaaay to many people in the room for my liking, I feel your pain. And I loved your undies comment :)

Courtney said...

Ha!!!! My underwear "was older than this girl." I laughed pretty hard for that one.