photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, February 11, 2011

Tidbits. Nabisco may not make them anymore but I do.

I suppose I should update you on my post from earlier in the week, which means this post will also be a list of tidbits:

1.  The zit on my chin is still hanging around.  He just doesn't want to give up his position on my chin.  Watch out giant zit - the Proactive will work eventually!

2.  The vinegar de-scaling seems to have worked!  However, apparently I didn't run enough plain water through before I made my first cup of coffee because the cream curdled.  The best part of waking up is NOT with vinegar in your cup!  And as I was pouring out my coffee and making another cup, I remembered this handy little tip - if a recipe calls for a little buttermilk and you don't have any or don't want to buy a whole pint - mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar with 1 cup of milk and let it stand for 15 minutes.  Stir and voila - you have buttermilk.

3.  Peter's afternoon updates from his teacher are much better!  She said he is doing a better job staying on task and he is doing a great job ignoring those who are trying to talk to him!  He gained back his computer privileges yesterday and much to my surprise after playing less than 30 minutes decided to play with his Legos and then headed outside to play with the neighbors. 

4.  I am looking forward to next Wednesday when I get my cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts.  Some of you may be wondering why I don't just go there right now and have a cup.  I'm not sure what it is...I think it is because I would feel guilty doing that in the middle of the day whenI should be at home cleaning, cooking, doing laundry, etc.   But I have an excuse on Wednesdays - the kids are in their Religious Ed class and it would be a waste of time and gas to go home and then back to church.    Does this make sense?

5.  We did get snow but not much so we just had a 2 hour delay.  I am numb to delays and cancellations this year we have had so many of them.  I believe they are calling for 60 degree days next week...dare I dig out the flip-flops?

6.  Aunt Cathy (or AC as Sarah affectionately refers to her) will be here bright and early Saturday  morning.  I will make sure to post pictures of the boat that Sarah spent hours working on.  Sailing is one of AC's favorite things to do so Sarah wanted to make a boat for her. Keep in my she's 6 so if you are expecting something that is whittled, stained and shellacked, you would be wrong.  Let's think construction paper, paint and glitter...I think the hours we spent was  the time I cleaned up the mess each time she decided to add another detail.  And there are quite a few.  Sarah calls this boat a sculpture.  AC you might need a bigger mantle.

1 comment:

Mary said...

We had 1/2 inch snow but no delay. One of the bus drivers said she slid all the way down the mountain. I'm not doubting it!
Thanks for the buttermilk tip!