photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Finally.

At six weeks postpartum, I'm finally starting to feel more like my old self. 

I no longer feel like I'm wearing a lead coat of grief. Don't get me wrong, it's still there, but it's tucked away.  It doesn't take much to get it to bubble up either, but at least it's not at the forefront of every single thought.

So for the first time since finding out I was pregnant, I went for a run this morning.  And at 20 plus (oh, what the heck, almost 25) pounds heavier than I was the last time I went for a run, it was hard.

It was slow, and painful, and ugly.  But I did it. 

I only ran one mile and it took me twenty minutes to do it, but I did it!

And I'll be honest, it felt pretty good.  I'm not sure how long it will take me to get back to my daily 3 mile jaunts, but I'll get there. 






  




9 comments:

Michelle said...

I like the 1/2 lb a week sign! I always get discouraged when pounds don't just come melting off! Glad you are doing ok!

Jessica said...

Virtual high five!

Mari said...

Hooray for you!
I'm glad the grief is a little less sharp too.

Madeline said...

Awesome! Pounding the pavement in any capacity is great!

Unknown said...

I am so PROUD of you my friend! One day at a time, one run at a time.

Amy @ Consecrated Housewife said...

I've been running on the treadmill at the gym for over a month and I'm still doing 20 minute miles.

Pam said...

Good for you getting out there! I'm glad you are beginning to come out of the fog a little bit. It all takes time. You're amazing!

Diane Teague said...

Still praying for you. Glad your days are getting somewhat easier.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Good for you. I love this update. Coming out of the fog and feeling a bit better. I know for me, even if I exercise just a bit, I feel a whole lot better in my head.
Sending you good thoughts and prayers.