It's Friday. 7 Quick Takes time.
1. Congratulations goes to Kate! She's the winner of the #SOTG giveaway. Enjoy!
2. Speaking of Something Other Than God, I'm about half way through the book and I'm really enjoying it! I was hoping to get more of it read last Friday while waiting on my husband at his colonoscopy. But that only took an hour and there was a distracting tv on in the waiting room and it's hard to concentrate with Kelly Ripa blabbing in the background.. Hopefully I'll be done in the next few days or so.
3. And speaking of Dan's colonoscopy, it was fine. There we no polyps and the doctor could see absolutely nothing wrong. He said that Dan did a good cleanse and he was able to see everything very clearly. So he goes back in 5 years for a follow up. I asked the doctor why he wasn't going back sooner based on his brother's diagnosis and was told that typically you repeat every ten years so going in 5 years was much sooner than the average person. Makes me a little nervous considering his brother had a clear colonoscopy three years ago.
4. When Dan was finished with the procedure, a nurse got me from the waiting room and brought me to an office. She told me Dan was getting dressed and would join me and then the doctor would come in to talk to us. A few minutes later, Dan staggered into the room with a dopey grin on his face and declared, "That was FANTASTIC!" I refrained from asking the doctor if I could get a little of what he was on.
5. None of my clothes fit. None of them. And it's so depressing. Being 44 and gaining 60 pounds with this pregnancy is a lot different than being 34 and gaining 40ish pounds like I did with Sarah.
Let's just say I'm regretting all of those BLT's heavy on the mayo with a side of fries I had the last nine months.
6. I managed to find a few things on a recent Target/Kohls trip that fit me and didn't look too horrible. And when I say "didn't look too horrible" I really mean, "didn't look very good at all but I can't go around naked because that does look horrible". Unfortunately the shorts were 3 sizes bigger than I was wearing last year this time. THREE SIZES! Yikes.
7. So, that's why I had this bowl of horribleness for lunch yesterday...
Quinoa and brown rice. It's about as tasty as you would think. So, not very.
And with that, I'm off to Mass. Sarah's class is leading the liturgy this morning and then I'm helping to set up the school book fair.
Enjoy your weekend and for more Quick Takes, head over to Jen's.