photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, November 18, 2013

Dancing, tacos, and poop. Not our typical Friday night.

If you checked out my What I Wore Sunday post, you saw that Dan and I had a little fun on Saturday night.  It was so nice to have an evening out without worrying about things I can't control.

Waiting is very hard.  But I am trying to be patient in the waiting.  And your prayers are still very much appreciated.

We had a fun evening Friday night also.

Dan and Sarah attended the Daddy/Daughter dance at school.  Dan hates to dance and he hates to make small talk so this event is always a bit of a stretch for him.  But he loves Sarah so he always goes with a big old smile on his face and they always  have a great time together.




Aren't they a handsome couple?

While they went to the dance, Peter and I headed to Taco Bell.  Peter has been dieing to try a Doritos Locos Taco every since he saw a commercial for them so Friday night was the night.


Please ignore the dirty jacket.  That's just how we roll around here! And the tacos got two thumbs up from Peter.  And by the way, our dinner conversation was much lighter than last year!  Thank goodness.


And while Dan and Sarah were busy dancing, Peter and I were busy making fake poop.

That's right.  Poop.  Peter Googled "how to make fake poop" and got a great recipe.  All you do is mix peanut butter (we used Biscoff spread since Peter is allergic to peanuts) with chocolate sauce.  Heat it in the microwave for a few seconds.  Let it cool and scoop it into a Ziplock baggy.  Snip the end off the baggy and pipe it out where ever you want it to be.

And it looked real. I will save you the photos that Peter insisted I take but he was easily able to convince Dan and Sarah that the cat had pooped all over the place!

This was definitely not a typical Friday night for us but I think we made some good memories! 

(And no, I did not let Peter eat the fake poop.)

3 comments:

Mari said...

What a fun night! Sarah looks so cute. I'm glad you had easier things to talk about, and got to have fun with poop!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I can't believe you didn't share photos of the fake poop! :)
Sounds like a great night for all four of you. Sarah looks so pretty!
You are doing a great job on the waiting…..and you're in my daily thoughts and prayers.
XOXO

Rebekah Es said...

My girls love daddy daughter dances, always a highlight for them. Very handsome couple they are! The fake poop is hilarious, never heard that!