photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Balsamic, Caramelized Onion, Goat Cheese Pizza. Sounds fancy doesn't it? But oh, so easy!

Cari Donaldson and her family are known for their pizza nights which include their homemade pizza dough and use of a homemade personalized pizza peel.  They take their pizza very seriously over at Clan Donaldson.

And that's exactly why I took Cari's advice and made this pizza on Saturday.

Y'all.  I was not disappointed and I will be making this again.  And again.  And again.


Balsamic, Caramelized Onion, Goat Cheese Pizza

Ingredients:

Dough
1 cup Balasmic Vinegar
3 lg. Vidalia Onions
4 oz. Goat Cheese

Directions:

I decided to buy fresh dough from the deli at Wal-Mart.  It was .88 cents for enough dough to make a 16 inch pizza which just so happened to be the size of my pizza pan.  Perfect!

I rolled/stretched/made the dough sort of circular and flopped it onto the pan.

I made a balsamic reduction earlier in the afternoon.  Super easy.

I caramelized my onions earlier in the afternoon as well.  Also easy.

Cut up log of goat cheese and scatter around the dough.

Place caramelized onions on top of goat cheese.

Drizzled balsamic vinegar reduction over top of pizza.

Bake according to instructions on dough bag.  I think it was 20 minutes at 375.

Eat it all up!

Isn't this gorgeous? I wished I had used a little more balsamic drizzle because that is what really made the pizza.



Hurry up!  There are only two slices of deliciousness left!


1 comment: