Friday, May 24, 2013
7 Quick Takes Friday
1. The kids only have two weeks left of school until summer vacay starts! No more tests, projects, reports, etc. I think I'm as happy as they are.
2.The BFF has convinced me to do the Mud Run again. It's next week and I am probably in worse shape this year than I was last year. I've got one week to gain a ton of upper body strength or I am going to be heading around a lot of obstacles instead of over them. Dan says I better start doing some push-ups. I think I should have started doing those two months ago.
3. Memorial Day weekend already? You know what that means, right? I'm going to blink and it's going to be Labor Day weekend. The older I get, the faster the days go by.
4. The garden is already being overtaken by weeds! Dan has a lot of work to do this weekend. :) I may be a nice wife and help him.
5. Sarah has a sleepover at her BFF's house this weekend. She is thrilled. Me, not so much. The last time this bunch of girls had a sleepover, there was a lot of drama and the mother (different mother was hosting the other sleepover) said, "That's it! No more sleepovers! I'm done!" And she meant it too because this year, she had a bowling party for her daughter. All bowling, no drama. Works for me!
6. Sarah's birthday is coming up in a few weeks and she wants to have a sleepover. She asked how many girls she could invite and I said, "Um, ONE!" Because, y'all, I'm no fool. In order to minimize the girl drama, you have to have an even number of girls. Otherwise, someone will be left out, someone will have their feelings hurt, and someone will want to go home. That's just how it is. So, it's Sarah plus one makes two and that's an even number and we should be all good.
7. Peter had to memorize "The Self Esteem Creed" and has to recite it in front of the class today. In fact, all the kids had to memorize it and must recite it today. Peter was less than thrilled. He called the Creed "stupid", "dumb", "useless", :waste of time".
Here it is. What do you think? (By the way, I'm not sure who wrote it because the hand out the teacher gave him, doesn't credit it to anyone. I did a search and found it in several places on the web with no author credit.)
The Self-Esteem Creed
God made me; I was no accident.
I was in God’s plan
And He doesn’t make junk…ever,
I was born to be a successful human being.
I am somebody special, unique,
Definitely one of a kind,
And I love Me.
That is essential so that
I might love you too.
I have talents, potentials
Yes, there is greatness in me
And if I maintain my specia ness,
Then I will write my name in the sands of time
With my deeds…
I was born in God’s image
And I will strive to do
Kind of dorky, isn't it? But I understand what the teacher was trying to accomplish. Unfortunately, according to Peter, "Learning this just makes me mad."
Mission not accomplished.
And with that, head on over to Jenn's place where the Quick Takes are plenty!
Labels: 7 Quick Takes