Friday, December 16, 2011
7 Quick Takes
1. Big, happy, relieved, siiiiiiiiigh..... That's the sound I made last night when I purchased the final Christmas gift on my list. Now I am just keeping my fingers crossed that everything arrives just as I ordered and in time for Christmas.
2. Next up - Christmas cards! They arrived yesterday so now I have no excuse. Dan thinks the picture is horrible. Well, when you are standing in front of your kids screaming "Hold hands and smile." and "Pretend you like one another!" and "You better not make me cry again like that one year!" the smiles do tend to look forced.
3. This weekend we are planning on our annual visit to see the lights at Tanglewood. I hear they have some new displays this year and they've changed all their existing bulbs to LED bulbs which means they should be even brighter.
4. Also on our agenda this weekend is baking. Dan loves gingerbread cookies and the kids love to help him. This works out well since I can not roll out a cookie to save my life.
5. It's been really warm here the last couple of days - highs in the mid 60s. It's hard to get in the Christmas spirit when you're sweating and have to turn the air conditioner on in the car. I even said to Jennifer, "I wish it would get cold." I could not believe I was saying that because I do not like cold weather. But y'all, I have a really cute pair of boots that I would love to wear and I refuse to wear them when it's 65 degrees outside.
6. We had to replace 3 of the 4 ignition coils on our car last December because our car started jumping and shaking whenever you hit about 45 mph. When the car started doing the same thing earlier this week, I knew that the 4th one must be bad. It's in the shop right now and I don't even mind. I am so thankful that the problem started this week instead of next week when we are on the road to Massachusetts.
7. The kids were being naughty yesterday so Sparkle, our Elf, did not move this morning. He remained perched in the fruit bowl where he had been all day yesterday. He may not have moved (indicating bad behavior on the kid's part if you aren't familiar with the whole Elf on the Shelf hoopla) but he did write the kids a note. Hopefully the will "be nice" today.
For more Quick Takes visit Jennifer at Conversion Diary where I'm sure her kids where I'm sure her kids are nice all the time!
Labels: 7 Quick Takes