Friday, December 9, 2011
7 Quick Takes
1. Still trying to get all of my Christmas shopping done. I've never been a fan of Christmas shopping. I think it's because I get very overwhelmed at the thought of buying all those gifts at once. The sheer volume of the task just takes away the joy. And every year I declare that "Next year will be different! Next year I will start shopping in October and be done by Thanksgiving!" And every year, I never do it. But, y'all - "Next year will be different! Next year I will start shopping in October and be done by Thanksgiving!"
2. Aunt Cathy sent the kids a Jacquie Lawson Advent Calendar again this year. The kids love it! And I must admit, so do I. It's an online Advent calendar with beautiful artwork and beautiful scenes that move and are interactive. This years calendar is London at Christmas and we are having so much fun with it! Thanks Aunt Cathy!
3. Sarah's first basketball game of the season is tomorrow. She is less than thrilled. She was so excited about playing basketball again this year, but didn't get on her friend Lily's team and now doesn't seem interested in it at all. Reminds me of the time she took gymnastics for two months and then became completed uninterested when her friend got moved up to the next level and she didn't because she had just started. So Sarah decided she wanted to quit. She has just recently taught herself how to do a cart wheel and is almost able to do an unassisted handstand. Guess who wants to take gymnastics again now that she can do these things? Hmmmmmm....so maybe she really doesn't like basketball because she isn't as good as the other girls on her team.
4. It was 31 degrees when I went for my run this morning but I stayed warm and toasty thanks to my new running gloves and cap. The cap even has a hole in the back so my pony tail can hang out.
5. As the kids were leaving for school this morning, I heard Sarah say to Dan, "Is it ugly shirt day at your work today?" We are still trying to teach Sarah not to say every thing that pops into her head - especially the hurtful things. Clearly, we have a long way to go.
6. And speaking of Sarah and Dan, here's a picture she drew for him. He's been working late this week and she hasn't gotten to see him very much. He's also had customers visiting so he has had to wear a suit and tie to work every day which is unusal for him. She drew this picture of the two of them:
7. Peter has faithfully been watering his seeds for his science fair project and faithfully recording what he has been doing, how much water he has been giving each pot, any observations, etc. And nothing. We have tried two different types of seeds and nothing. 21 days of watering and recording and we've got nothing. I guess we won't be submitting a project this year. Or we could do a project board on the fact that we got nothing! Wonder if that would win any awards?
For more award-winning Quick Takes, visit Jennifer at Conversion Diary.
Labels: 7 Quick Takes