photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, September 19, 2011

Thank you Lord for protecting my husband.

The phone rang amidst the noise of a house full of kids on Friday evening.  I  checked caller ID and when I saw that it was Jennifer I assumed she must be calling to check on her four kids who were spending the night. 

Dan was in Reno on a business trip/team building meeting so it was the perfect time to hold the sleepover that the kids had been bugging me for.

"Hello."

"Are you watching the news?" she asked tentatively.

My heart started to pound a little quicker.  "No, why?" I questioned licking my lips nervously.

"Um, there's been a plane crash at those air races in Reno.  Spectators have been killed."

"What? No!"  My heart started to pound and I immediately started praying please God let him be o.k.

I kept repeating that prayer over and over as I hung up with Jennifer and started dialing Dan's cell phone number.

After what seemed like an eternity but was probably less than 45 seconds, I heard a click and his beautiful, sweet, perfectly-fine voice, "Hello?"

Thankfully, Dan had left the air races right before the accident.  He was in the shuttle bus on the way back to the hotel when it happened.  The plane went down about 150 feet from where he had been sitting.  None of the other 29 people from his group were hurt even though they were all still in the stands at the time of the crash.

I pray for my husband.  A lot.  And when he travels, I pray for him even more. 

That morning, I specifically prayed that God keep Dan and his coworkers safe from any accidents at the air races.  And the kids and I had been praying every morning for his safety during his travels.  And I know my mom prayers for him when he especially when he is on a business trip. 

I have been thanking God all weekend for his protection over Dan.  And I have been praying for comfort and peace for the families of the nine people that lost their lives and for healing for all of the others that were injured.


For in the day of trouble
   he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
   and set me high upon a rock. - Psalm 27:5

Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
   he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  - Psalm 62:6

Every word of God is flawless;
   he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. - Proverbs 30:5

4 comments:

Mari said...

That was such a tragedy. I'm so thankful Dan and his friends weren't injured.

RR Mama said...

So thankful Dan is OK. God is good all the time, all the time God is good!

Kimberly said...

Wow...reading this leaves me with cold chills! God is so good to us. Even when we don't realize we need Him, He is always there. I am so glad your husband is ok. I've seen the footage on TV and knowing how close his group was sitting, it is a miracle of itself that no one was hurt. What an amazing story of God's hedge of protection!

deborah said...

I am so glad for you and your family that your husband was protected. There's nothing like having a good husband and daddy-such an integral part of family. My heart is sad for those who lost loved ones.